Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sometimes It Snows In April


So, it's almost been a year.  April 21st will make the first anniversary of the death of Prince Rogers Nelson.  Everyone who follows my blog knows how hard this hit me (heck, I'm redoing my library in Prince theme) and I've been thinking about a way to add some Prince related stuff to the blog this month.  So above is one of my favorite pictures of Prince (reading of course).  I'm hoping to do a book review of the new Mayte book this month (I think I'm going to be disappointed from the excerpts I've read), I created an original Prince book tag, and I plan on sharing the recipe for one of my favorite drinks - Purple Rain.  Hopefully it will incorporate enough regarding books that my regular visitors won't get too bogged down by the content.  And hey, if you like Prince, it's just something extra for you!


"Tracy died soon after a long fought civil war
Just after he wiped away his last tear
I guess he's better off than he was before
A whole lot better off than the fools he left here

Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes it feels so bad, so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending
And all good things they say, never last"


LYRICS BY PRINCE 

10 comments:

  1. Not a Prince fan, but I know you are a total fan so bring it on, I might find it interesting.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really only planning one thing a week so as to not stray off the book stuff much. And one will be a review. Hope you find something to keep you interested.

      Delete
  2. I liked a lot of his work though I wouldn't class myself as a real fan like yourself. I'll be interested to see what you have in store with the booktag and stuff. Look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a tad nervous doing an original book tag but we'll see how it turns out.

      Delete
  3. Nice, can't wait to see your Prince posts. Such a cultural icon. Seeing Purple Rain made me want to know more about Morris Day and the Time, and Sheila E as well. Loved their music. :)

    I remember this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Sheila E.'s biography but haven't started it yet. I know he proposed to her in the middle of a concert but am unsure why they never got married.

      Delete
  4. How fun. I loved Prince too. That's the best picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would love the pic that has him reading - haha.

      Delete
  5. I cannot believe it has been nearly a year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time flies no matter how you look at it.

      Delete