Sunday, April 16, 2017

I Need More Bandit and Driller - Descenders Vol. 2 Review

TITLE: Descenders Vol. 2
AUTHOR: Jeff Lemire & Dustin Nguyen
PUBLISHER: Image Comics
PUBLISHING DATE: May 4, 2016

FROM GOODREADS: Young robot boy TIM-21 and his companions struggle to stay alive in a universe where all the androids have been outlawed and bounty hunters lurk on every planet.

MY THOUGHTS:  This is a great continuation to Vol. 1 and I'm really enjoying this science fiction tale.  TIM-21 and TIM-22 escape with Telsa and Dr. Quon to Hardwire, except they are forced to leave Driller and Bandit which just happen to be my two favorite characters.  TIM-21 still just wants to find Andy and the reader finally gets to meet Andy, who once he learns TIM-21 is still alive, starts his search for him with the some help from Bandit and Driller, who he rescues.  This volume also introduces the reader briefly to Andy's ex-wife who is an interesting character to say the least.

The artwork continues to be great and in this volume, some of the panels are done with a texture which resembles watercolor paper which is a really nice effect.  I have to admit I enjoyed Volume 1 a tad more than this one but it's still a strong series and I plan on continuing on with it as soon as I can locate the next volume at my local library.

RATING: 3 PAWS

9 comments:

  1. Interesting, glad you are liking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. The artwork sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artwork is very sci-fi and very cool if you like that type of thing.

      Delete
  3. The watercolor thing sounds interesting, and the story sounds cute! Glad you're still enjoying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was much more happier once Bandit showed back up though. I feared he was gone from the story for good.

      Delete
  4. This might be one for me to try! I've been looking for some new graphic novel reads lately but it's been slim pickins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should consider it. I need to see if my library will order more Chew volumes in though because I really want to continue that one as well.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are enjoying this series. The art cover is indeed awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bandit the dog (droid) is so cute. Man, I even love robot dogs!

      Delete