Tuesday, April 4, 2017

TTT - Crucial Items Every Prince Fan Needs


This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are looking at fandoms. I don't collect a lot of book related stuff other than books themselves so I'm sharing some things I think every Prince fan needs, because it fits with my April theme and I consider myself an ultimate Prince fan. 









Prince books - as many as possible.  I have all 4 of these and probably 7-8 other ones.  I have one on 
pre-order and with more coming out this year, I have my eyes on a few more,  


Prince CDs - Considering quite a few of his albums are multi disc, I own over 50 actual discs.  And yes, there are several copies of the greatest hits and the Purple Rain Soundtrack for some reason.


Prince Collaborative CD's - a true fan knows that Prince wrote a lot for other artists.  Sheila E. probably wouldn't exist without him, he write Stand Back for Stevie Nicks and initially wanted her to pen the lyrics for Purple Rain but she declined thinking she couldn't do it justice.  He played guitar on Like a Prayer on Madonna's album and also has a duet on it.  Finally, he is the writer of Manic Monday, one of the Bangles biggest hits.  These are just a few of his lesser known musical ties.



Prince magazines - Following his death, there were all kinds of Prince publications.  Most of mine are packed up while remodeling the library (I own at least 16)  but the first picture shows some with "Roger."  I know he is technically a stuffie from a cartoon movie, but he was a gift years ago from Mr. Barb and I immediately named him Roger.  The second pic is a newspaper I ordered from New York.  I plan on framing this one because it's one of the best artworks I've seen of him.


Prince decals - Here is my very Prince tricked out laptop.  Complete with a Prince wallpaper and secret Prince passwords.  Our security system passwords are also Prince related.


A signature Prince drink - This is one I found last April called Purple Rain and it's quickly become one of my favorites.  Here's the recipe but warning, it's pretty potent.

1 1/2 shots Vodka
1 part Blue Curacao
1 part cranberry juice
1 part pineapple juice
1 part Grenadine
Ice
Lime

Mix all liquids, poor over ice, and add a squeeze of lime.  



Prince inspired jewelry - I found this in an etsy shop and plan on ordering my own soon.  It has "I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain" inscribed on it.



Prince inspired bookmarks - Come on, they combine my love of Prince with my love of reading so it's really a no-brainer.



The movie collection - So I seriously adore "Purple Rain" and have lost count of how many times I've watched it - probably 5-6 in the last year alone.  I can also appreciated "Under the Cherry Moon" and can watch it from time to time.  I think Prince's playful side can best be seen in his facial expressions in the movie.  But I will be the first one to say I STILL don't really understand "Graffiti Bridge" and have maybe seen it twice.  

So there you have it - Crucial items for every Prince fan.  I probably wouldn't have done this feature if I had any other ideas for TTT this week but since I didn't, here's my weekly Prince feature for the first week of April.


17 comments:

  1. There are some seriously cool things on this post Barb! I have the soundtrack album to Purple Rain but I never did see the film. Loving the colour of the drink, though I don't like cranberry so I doubt I'd try it, and I like the bracelet. That's really nice! And I LOVE the monkey posing with the magazines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That drink is such a pretty purple. It doesn't taste bad and I don't remember an overwhelming cranberry taste but if you don't like it, it's best not to give it a try. I love my purple monkey too. I forget what Disney film he is from though.

      Delete
  2. I love that drink (and the framed pic of it)! Awesome. And I knew about Stand Back (a song I love BTW) but I didn't know he wrote Manic Monday! How cool.

    Under the Cherry Moon was different, I love that he always tried new things, and there were some good songs on that. Never saw Graffiti Bridge though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea and he also wrote quite a few songs for Sheena Easton but I thought I'd added enough for everyone to take in :)

      Delete
  3. As soon as I saw the theme this week I KNEW you would do something about Prince! Great list of Prince memorabilia, I do believe you are the ultimate fan:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wasn't at work when they tried to deliver my pre-order today so I'll have to wait until tomorrow - bummer.

      Delete
  4. What a great and unique list! :-) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not as big a fan as you, but I think this list is utterly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I did enjoy Prince's music and think he was an amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember someone asking Eric Clapton once in an interview how it felt to be the greatest guitar player in the world and he said "I don't know, why don't you ask Prince." Classic.

      Delete
  7. Okay so don't hate me I don't know much about Prince. I think I know maybe a handful of songs and that's about it. I enjoyed them but was not exposed to it as much so it never really hit me. But the drink looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could never hate you :) The drink really is awesome, but very very potent.

      Delete
  8. You have quite the collection :) That drink would put me under the table but it sure looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete