Saturday, April 29, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (108)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  

Only a few books to share this week.  I know I grabbed some free ones for Kindle so let's see.  All three of these were free and seem to be in the general horror genre.  Here are the links: "The Halloween Girl" "Daisy Pushers" and "After the Cabin."  On a side note, I hope Amy Cross writes great books because I've grabbed a ton for free over the past 6 months.  


I also received the following for review. "The Things They've Taken" is published by Entangled Teen and I have good luck with liking their books.  I couldn't resist the synopsis of "Devil's Call" but have to admit if the cover hadn't said DEVIL, I wouldn't have given it a second glance.  Also, "The Frozen Woman" sounds like a great crime/thriller.


So what did you add to your shelves this week???"

20 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I have some of the Mass Extinction Event series by Amy Cross lurking in the depths of my ereader! There are so many on it that I can barely find anything! I might need to check out a few others if I can grab them free. Say hi to the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be a few my her offered every week or so.

      Delete
  2. I like the cover for Daisy Pushing. But looking at synopsis I would say The Things They've Taken looks the most intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good and I'll admit, Daisy Pushing was initially a cover grab.

      Delete
  3. I saw The Things They've Taken on NetGalley and almost requested it, but I'm trying to cut WAY back, so I resisted! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all new to me but I hope you love them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO, you got Devil's Call! I finished it recently and LOOOOOOVED it. Now I'm jumping up and down trying to get more people to check it out. It really is as good as the synopsis sounds :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you loved it - makes me more excited to read it now.

      Delete
  6. Devil's Call really does sound interesting but I am like you I probably wouldn't have touched it with that cover but because it said devil I might have peeked...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's what sold it for me but knowing now that Mogsy loved it, I'm glad I requested it.

      Delete
  7. The Things They've Taken looks and sounds really good! Hope you enjoy your new reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the most commented about book this week so I hope it's good.

      Delete
  8. Most of these appeal to me. We do like similar books! I'm going to check some of them.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely share a lot of the same interests when it comes to books huh?

      Delete
  9. Ooh After the Cabin sounds freaky! And I like the look of The frozen woman too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of Frozen Woman does freak me out a tad.

      Delete
  10. Hope you enjoy all of your new books! Happy reading, and have a wonderful week :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Brittany and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. This is another case of Cover effect. I did not request Devil's call because of the cover and know of course I want it because you have it :) I just love how mature I am :)

    ReplyDelete