Thursday, April 13, 2017

Weekly Reads (04/14/17)


Hope everyone who celebrates the Easter holiday has a nice weekend ahead of them.  We aren't doing anything on a grand scheme but hope to enjoy some family time.  I have a three day weekend so I'm hoping that I can get a little more reading in than usual.  You will see coming up that I have an ambitious stack planned.  Mr. Barb has three more weeks until graduation so he's on the homestretch with classes.  Also, Booker T and Cass are enjoying the Spring weather we've had this week and I'm hoping to get some pictures taken of them over the weekend (especially since they are getting new Easter toys).

I'm still watching "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix and have 3 episodes left.  I think it's really well done and am amazed at how deeply it looks into how far bullying in high school can go and the results of such acts.  Mr. Barb and I watched "The Get Down: Part 2" last weekend. It was only 5 episodes and I didn't really like them as much as I did the first 6.  In fact, we kind of felt like we were watching two different shows.  We also rented "The Bye Bye Man" and man, it was a colossal waste of time in my opinion.  There were a few jumpy parts but on the whole, we should have just skipped it.

So by now everyone who read my review for the new Prince book yesterday knows how much I loved it and how quickly I devoured it.  Since then, I've moved on to a few new books so here's what's up next on the stack.  I really can't hold off on reading "About A Dog" much longer and I should be able to knock out the graphic novels as well.


So everyone be safe this coming week and hope you get to spend lots of time doing what you want to do.  As always, I appreciate you stopping by The Farm.


17 comments:

  1. I hope you can get some extra reading done this week. I've neglected my reading a bit but need to redouble the efforts and re-evaluate what I'm reading this month. I don't do anything special for any of the holidays but today I'm helping my dad do a bit of tidying around the house. My back is complaining about it and I haven't even started yet...Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get a graphic novel read and halfway through About a Dog. The cousins were acting out so I spend some extra time with Grandpa. He even came for dinner today. Don't work too hard cleaning the house.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a three day weekend! My boss must be the only guy on the planet who doesn't give his employees Good Friday off. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing wrong with three day weekends is that they STILL seem too short.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get lots of good reading this weekend and have a great Easter weekend. We are doing more than normal. My Aunt and her new husband bought a house and want to show it off so it will be the first big family dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sounds like a good reason for a family dinner. Hope you had lots of fun. Can't wait to see the update on your project.

      Delete
  4. Love the Wytches cover. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter and hope you have a great relaxing weekend! I'm watching Reasons too and liking it, although I keep thinking Clay would you just listen to all the tapes??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? He sure takes his time. I finished it Friday evening and was really pleased with it overall.

      Delete
  6. Happy Easter to you! I hope you have had a nice 3 day weekend. I was off myself and ended up getting so little done but I did enjoy family so that is good. I hope you enjoy About a Dog as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm over halfway through and am really liking it. It's been a lot more fun once Tulip was introduced. Love Mac's run in with Seth at the bar!

      Delete
  7. I hope you had a nice weekend! A quiet one sounds perfect. Isn't the spring weather lovely? Except for my allergies kicking in full gear, I love this time of year.

    I haven't seen "13 Reasons Why" although I keep hearing about it. It seems to be stirring up some controversy--which always intrigues me more. I am glad you like it. Did you read the book? I haven't yet, but I'm curious to know how faithful the show was to the book.

    I hope you are enjoying your week so far! Take care, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you did get more reading in than usual. :) I think I want to watch "13 Reasons Why" now! I READ WYTCHES OMG!!! Thanks for that recommendation LOVED IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brimstone sounds fantastic! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it. :)

    ReplyDelete