Friday, April 7, 2017

Weekly Reads (04/07/17)


So this weekend was definitely quieter than the last one and on the home front, I'm kind of waiting things out.  My Uncle wussed out and actually managed to manipulate Grandpa more and the cousins are still there which will make for an interesting visit tomorrow morning.  Oh well, on to better things.  We managed to watch a few movies the past few weeks which I've failed to mention.  I guess I haven't found any of them that good.  We watched "Live by Night" and "The Accountant" with Ben Afflack, who is really not one of my favorite actors.  However, I did like "The Accountant" the most of all that we've watched and would even go as far as recommending it.  We also watched "Here Alone" which I think is an indie zombie film and one word sums it up - BORING.  However, on the horror front, we also watched "House on Willow Street" and it was really good.  If you like horror, definitely check that one out.

The pups and Mr. Barb are fine.  It got cold here last night and is supposed to be even colder tonight which has me wondering  "Where is Spring?"  I have managed to read some, but like usual, not as much as I want.  I hope to remedy that this weekend.  Here's what up next on the stack:


I'm currently about half way through with both "The Most Beautiful" and "Descender" so hopefully I'll have some good reviews up in a couple of days.

So I hope all my blogging buddies had a good week.  What plans are on your horizon???


13 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about Anstey; not my normal genre but it looks like its worth grabbing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a slow start but it's finally starting to pick up.

      Delete
  2. I'll be curious to see what you think of The Most Beautiful. I always feel wary about these kinds of "tell all" books, but I hope you are enjoying it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on my review later. I actually loved it and was pretty much surprised. It will be hard to put into words though.

      Delete
  3. We've hit a cold spell the last few days as well. Sorry to her that things aren't resolved with your grandpa. I have lots of films I want to watch but never get round to it. Really want to watch Fantastic Beasts, Bigfoot War and the rest of the Resident Evil films as I've only watched the first two. No real plans except reading the Morganville Vampires and watching Gold Rush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of House on Willow St. I'll have to see if I can find it on Netflix. We're planning to finally see Beauty & the Beast this weekend. Other than a trip to Trader Joe's and the park I am going to try my best to get some reading done for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a Trader Joe's around here - don't know enough to know if that's good or bad :)

      Delete
    2. I love TJ's. Their food is "safe" for me. Meaning it has no MSG, aspartame or other fake food ingredients that'll trigger a migraine. They're also super affordable and sell delicious snacks and chocolates! That's good and bad, I guess ;) They also sell Bailey's favorite dog treats, sweet potato & chicken cookies.

      Delete
  5. House On Willow Street sounds worth a try. It got a little cooler here too. And windy, so the pollen is wreaking havoc on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE allergy season. Claritin D usually works for me but then the pharmacy makes me feel like I'm doing something illegal whenever I have to buy some.

      Delete
  6. oh a book about Prince I bet you are loving that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it in 2 days flat. Thought I would hate it because I thought it was a mean-spirited tell-all - not true and look for my turnabout review Thursday!

      Delete