Saturday, April 22, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (107) - Back After Two Weeks


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.

So it's been two weeks since I shared a haul.  Last weekend was a holiday weekend and to be honest, I just didn't feel like posting one.  However, that hasn't kept me from accumulating books so here we go!

I grabbed a few book for Paul Anka (my Kindle).  Some were free and others were under $3.00 (I think and nope, don't remember which were which so check before you buy).  I had to grab "The Beast of London" after seeing it on Clare's blog at Duel Reads and "Just One Damned Thing After Another" was a daily deal and since I never read it when I had it from the library, I couldn't resist.  "A Howl in the Night" is a mystery series I stumbled on and "Demon Blessed" was free and the both satisfied my C-ADHD (Canine ADHD).  "Chips of Red Paint" was also free and since my Dad had a refinished truck like that when I was a kid, the cover spoke to me.  Finally "Live Wire" sounded like a decent urban fantasy read.



I snagged the following three books from the Penguin First to Read program.  It was 3am and the dogs needed out and while I was standing at the back door, I remembered new books were being posted so I grabbed the tablet and this is what happened.  I may not make the best decisions at 3am - we'll see.  


And finally I got the following ARCs and rather than make excuses, I'm just owning it 😈😈😈 "A New Leash of Love" and "Hunting Hour" were new acquisitions courtesy of the above mentioned C-ADHD.  I saw "Strange Alchemy" on a Can't Wait Wednesday post and really wanted it - Roanoke Island/lost colony tale.  I've had my eyes on "Only the Dead Know Brooklyn" for some time and was recently approved and the "Penance" and Carnivalesque" were impulse grabs, but at least they sound promising.



I think I hit the jackpot with quite a few of these.  So what did you add to your shelves this week???


29 comments:

  1. I'm still considering the Beast of London for my tbr and haven't decided yet! You certainly got a nice mix of books recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare raved about it and it's an interesting concept so I'm hoping I love it. I think it was only $2.99 for my Kindle so that kind of sealed the deal too.

      Delete
  2. Im really intrigued by Strange Alchemy, I need to check that out further. Also, Carnivalesque looks pretty good too! And I will also be reading Only the Dead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read Only the Dead and looked it up on Netgalley after seeing it on your blog. Strange Alchemy sounds pretty good as well.

      Delete
  3. I put a few of those on my wishlist as my book budget in very low right now. I have Strange Alchemy so Buddy Read! ;)

    Hope you are having a great reading weekend!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great buddy read title! I bet you are watching you spending since you have your upcoming trip. Think of all the fun you'll have though.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I hope you had a great holiday weekend. The Beast of London looks like something I would enjoy! I love the cover especially. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a great weekend, Barb. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't know when I'll get to it but I'm seeing it as perhaps an October read. Vampires and Halloween sort of tend to go hand in hand.

      Delete
  5. I need to read Jodi Taylor's books, I hear they're lots of fun! Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the same thing too which is why I was anxious to pick it up.

      Delete
  6. Ooh so many good covers. Strange Alchemy... and The Marsh King's Daughter too. lol about 3 am decisions... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, hopefully I make decent decisions at that hour - we'll see.

      Delete
  7. It looks like we had very similar tastes over at First to Read. I need to be strong when these books go on offer but I have picked some really good ones lately. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had better luck lately than I've had in the past. Hope these ones pan out as well.

      Delete
  8. LOL, I love that you just own your requesting - I should start adopting that attitude because I just love books too much to care! Nice haul this week too. I'm curious to see what you'll think of Penance. I also have Only the Dead Know Brooklyn to read, because yay vampires!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure why make excuses when I plan on continuing.

      Delete
  9. Not familiar with any of these but there are some pretty covers and interesting titles :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great selection to pick from, I haven't read from any of these authors. Enjoy your new reads and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! Strange Alchemy has me intrigued!
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, The Marsh Kings Daughter! I AM SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW BARB! And also stalking your blog for the review. Nods. I am so excited for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a lovely cover. I'm excited as well.

      Delete
  13. Oh I want to know about Penance and Strange Alchemy! I think I requested Penance but.. How did I miss SA??? I love Roanoke stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's still available. Did you watch the last season of American Horror story which featured the Roanoke history? It wasn't bad but season 3 is still my fave.

      Delete
  14. Wow, what a huge and fantastic haul! I hope you love all of your new books! Happy reading :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure there's quite a few great ones here.

      Delete
  15. The Marsh King's Daughter sounds very good though! Maybe you'll get lucky with that one. :) Only the Dead Know Brooklyn sounds excellent too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete