Friday, April 28, 2017

Weekly Reads (04/28/17)


So the next 2 weeks are going to be really busy with Mr. Barb's graduation and such but I'm still hoping to find lots of time to read. Last weekend we did watch "Purple Rain" and a few Prince videos. I also made Purple Rain cocktails which turned out better than last time since I remembered the lime this go-around.  We also watched  "Underworld: Blood Wars" and although I don't find them great movies, it was enjoyable and entertaining.  "Bates Motel" and "Outsiders" had their season enders which I've yet to watch so I want to do that over the weekend as well.

Mr. Barb, Grandpa and Useless Cousin took down a tree in our backyard Monday.  Well, Grandpa supervised and Useless Cousin helped because he has nothing else to do since he lots his job and he ad his family are getting a free ride at Grandpa's right now so he better do something.  The weather has been fairly decent and I had to order new reading glasses which are taking FOREVER to come in. That's about all that's notable going on.

Here's what I hope to finish up/start this weekend and upcoming week.


Hope everyone had a great week and what's your plan for the next few days???


14 comments:

  1. It's going to be a nerve wracking Saturday as my team are still trying to get out of the relegation zone with two games left in the season. If we win I can maybe relax and read on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep my fingers crossed for your team then!

      Delete
  2. I tried to read Thorn Jack but I just couldn't get into it. I'm curious to hear if you like it or not. Have a great week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it but not loving it. I like the world the author has created but it's so full of detail.

      Delete
  3. YAY Mr. Barb is graduating! Congrats! I still have to watch "Underworld: Blood Wars" I love these movies! Glad to hear Useless Cousin is helping!
    omg I can't wait for you to read Wytches! I LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can both gush together next week after I'm through.

      Delete
  4. Hope all goes great with Mr. Barb's graduation. :) I am starting to get a bit farther into Thorn Jack and need to finish it. Tomorrow is Dewey 24 hour readathon so I am determined to finish it and at least one other. :) I am curious about Wytches.

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the readathon. I never get a chance to participate because I always have so much to do on Saturdays with Grandpa.

      Delete
  5. Wow you have been busy! It is good that useless cousin decided to help even though he should probably be doing a whole lot more. I bet Grandpa was an excellent supervisor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, too bad he's back to being useless again. Grandpa is the best supervisor. He went out to lunch with us Saturday because he was bummed (see useless cousins) and I knew my husband could make him laugh.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to Mr. Barb! Hope you reach all your reading goals this weekend :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm so glad he's finally graduating!

      Delete
  7. You've reminded me that I wanted to re-request that my library purchase Wytches. lol Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY need to read it soon before it's due back!

      Delete