Sunday, April 2, 2017

March 2017 Wrap Up


I'm happy to report that March has been the best reading month yet this year.   And although I did read a few graphic novels which bumped up my monthly total, I read several books which were 400+ pages so I definitely didn't skimp.  And thank heavens the Goodreads challenge is back on track which has been a huge thing for me.  I hate going there and having it taunt me in the face that I'm already behind and it's only March.  Let's take a look at how things are shaping up!

GOODREADS: 23/100
2017 CLOAK & DAGGER CHALLENGE: 12/25
(Night the Lights Went Out, Chew Vol. 1, Chew Vol. 2, Elvis and the Grateful Dead, The Supernatural Pet Sitter, Rose Petal Graves, The Night Ocean, The Jekyll Revelation, The Money Pit)
2017 FLIGHTS OF FANTASY CHALLENGE: 9/18
(The Supernatural Pet Sitter, Rose Petal Graves, Greedy Pigs)
2017 HORROR READING CHALLENGE: 8/25
(The Night Ocean, Greedy Pigs, The Jekyll Revelation)
2017 WHAT AN ANIMAL CHALLENGE: 6/20
(Elvis and the Grateful Dead, The Money Pit, The Supernatural Pet Sitter, Legends)
2017 NEW RELEASE CHALLENGE: 14/61
(The Night the Lights Went Out, The Supernatural Pet Sitter, The Night Ocean, Rose Petal Graves, The Money Pit, Greedy Pigs)
BLOGGER SHAME REVIEW CHALLENGE: 1/12 (and I'm half done with #2)
(The Jekyll Revelation)

So overall I read 11 books which I am completely satisfied with. I'm even finishing the month half done with one which gives me a head start for April.  I had 3 3-paw reads, 6 4-paw reads, and 2 5-paw reads).  My favorite reads were The Money Pit, Greedy Pigs and The Night the Lights Went Out although The Supernatural Pet Sitter was really cute as well.  

So how did March pan out for you???

8 comments:

  1. Nice job! It's always a joy when you get a good reading month and see progress on your challenges! Here's hoping for a good April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it started a tad slower than I expected as I was ill on and off all weekend, but I'm hoping to finish up a book tonight.

      Delete
  2. Greedy Pigs looked really interesting. Had you read the series previously or did it stand up all on its own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathan, I've read and loved ALL the Sin du Jour books. Honestly, you have to start from the beginning because they all build on each other. They are awesome reads though and I'm always excited when Tor.com sends me a new one.

      Delete
  3. Hope your April reading is as good - at least you've already got a head start on things.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. It always helps to have a head start.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great month! Isn't it nice to catch up with the Goodreads challenge? I have done great this year because I set mine lower than usual but I had a hard time staying on track last year. Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it drives me crazy to have that challenge taunting me all the time.

      Delete