Thursday, April 20, 2017

Rest in Purple - Prince Book Tag



So I knew in the month of April I wanted to do a few things to commemorate the passing of my favorite artist this time last year.  Wow, it's hard to believe it's coming on a year.  So I created this book tag to combine my love of Prince with my love of books!


For favorite dystopian novel  chose "True Born" by L.E.Sterling.  I love how the book has beings with combined human and animal DNA.  Plus the second book releases tomorrow.


To say I really didn't enjoy reading "Welcome to Night Vale" is an understatement, but I do love the cover.


I grabbed "Clown Moon" in March for my Kindle after accidentally stumbling upon this awesome cover.


Matt Wallace's "Sin du Jour" series is so crazy and fun that it was an automatic choice for this category.  If you haven't read it, what are you waiting for?


I don't read a lot of classics, but I've actually read "Little Women" twice and have enjoyed it both times.


Ever since I've read "Pit Perfect" and its sequel "The Money Pit," I've wanted to give Smooshie a big old hug and kiss!


If you've read any of Jeaniene Frost's "Night Huntress" books, then you'll know why I picked Cat and Bones.


Of course I cried when I read "Marley and Me."  And then did again when I watched the movie.


Hands down it has to be "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making."


I know tons of people liked "The 5th Wave" but I just didn't understand all the hype.  

So there you have it.  I very rarely do tags, let alone create them.  If you like this and want to give it a go, please leave a comment or a link so I can check out your answers.

18 comments:

  1. You and your Prince stuff...lol. I knew two songs out of those. :) Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to Prince! There are many books there that I need to get to reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, but maybe one or two you should skip as well :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea - so good.
    When I was pregnant with my son he used to love Prince - my belly used to do a little dance if we played any of his records.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can believe it has been a year already! Such loss for the world :( I was one of those that fangirled like crazy over the 5ht wave ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it, another book we differed on!

      Delete
    2. ok I GAVE U! I went back I don't know how many posts of yours to see where was the other book we differed on! LOL I couldn't find it! I thought this was the FIRST one ever. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome tag! Has it really been a year? It still make me sad to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about Cat and Bones and I also disliked the 5th Wave. What a great cover for Clown Moon! I must check out that bad boy! I'm going to be doing this tag for sure-still constructing my answers though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it an awesome cover! It sounds good too.

      Delete
  7. Prince was one of my all time favorite musicians as well. I love this tag,and now I'm going to try to find some time to do it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to like Night Vale but it's just TOO weird, you know? And True Born looks really good (as does True North)!

    Awesome tag.

    ReplyDelete