Sunday, September 3, 2017

August 2017 Wrap Up - So Summer's Ending Huh?


So I still can't believe that it's September!  And the first day of September here has brought rainy weather and 57 degree temps.  Although I know it's only temporary because of the remnants of Hurricane Harvey moving up the states.  I actually managed to read 12 things in August.  It really didn't seem like that much but then again, there were several graphic novels thrown in.  The challenges are moving right along (well, all except for one and I've pretty much thrown in the towel on that one).  At least the Goodreads dragon remained slayed!

GOODREADS: 70/100 (still 4 ahead)
2017 CLOAK & DAGGER CHALLENGE: 31/25 (Spell Book of the Lost and Found, The Luster of Lost Things, The Thirteenth Gate)
2017 FLIGHTS OF FANTASY CHALLENGE: 34/18 (Stray Magic, Spell Book of the Lost and Found, Lumberjanes Vol. 3, Lumberjanes Vol. 4, Sabrina, Northwoods Magic, Descender Vol. 4, Ravina, Akata Witch, The Thirteenth Gate)
2017 HORROR READING CHALLENGE: 19/25 (Sabrina, Optical Delusion)
2017 WHAT AN ANIMAL CHALLENGE: 19/20 (Stray Magic, The Luster of Lost Things)
2017 NEW RELEASE READING CHALLENGE: 49/61 (Stray Magic, Spell Book of the Lost and Found, Northwoods Magic, Akata Witch, Optical Delusion, The Luster of Lost Things. The Thirteenth Gate)
BLOGGER SHAME REVIEW CHALLENGE: 2/12
COYER SUMMER READING LIST: 23 TOTAL!  and all of this month's reads came from my COYER summer reading list.
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER READ-A-THON: Technically not a challenge but I did read 2 dog books, Stray Magic - which I can't review yet and The Luster of Lost Things.  I participated in a dog tag, featured a Can't Wait Wednesday by Booker T and Cassius with dog books, and did a dog themed Top Ten Tuesday post.

I had 5 3-paw reads, 4 4-paw reads and 4 5-paw reads.  My favorites this month were Stray Magic (which I can't wait to review and reveal the cover) and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.  I also really enjoyed Akata Witch much more than I thought and can't wait for the second one.  Overall, I'm very pleased with my progress and anticipate knocking off 2 more challenges next month!  How was your month?







26 comments:

  1. Today it really feels like the weather is changing to the winter stuff which pleased me and I had to put the fire on!You're doing great on your challenges! I'm happy with my Goodreads total and this month I should get a few more series finished/caught up to the newest one so that'll be good. They're not the ones I picked out at the start of the year though but I'm trying not to care! Ugh I've got several long series that really need my attention but might need to wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long series seem to be my downfall - although I have read all the Sookie books (except the new one of short stories coming out). I am in no hurry to start paying heating bills but I am certainly in curl-up-in-a-blanket mood!

      Delete
  2. I hope some warmer weather comes your way soon! You did really good with your challenges and I think I about the same as you on blogger shame...lol. I have also thrown in the towel on a few others.

    Have a great day!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be in the 70's all week. I can definitely deal with that. Yep, that last challenge is totally not going to happen!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you're enjoying your challenges. I was doing good with visiting and commenting on blogs but fell short this week. Just too tired and I think I'm a bit burnt on. The weather is hot here but supposed to get a taste of fall next week. I love fall but dread what comes after. LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is a lot to do. I also dread what comes after fall - why can't we just have fall all the time?

      Delete
  4. The hills are burning in my city and its 105 degrees here for the last week or so, and after the hurricane in Texas, I feel like we're in the middle of the apocalypse! Please send your rain to California! Anyway... so great that your challenges are going well. I'm still 2 books behind on Goodreads and not sure how I'm going to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing a rain dance for you. It does seem like it's one big catastrophe after another and now there's another hurricane circling Florida. Two words for Goodreads - graphic novels!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe that it is already September either! I'm sooooo not ready for summer to be over, even though fall is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like so many bookworms love fall - it has to be one of the best times to read!

      Delete
  6. Great job on your challenges! I'm definitely behind on mine. :/ I've heard a lot about Akata Witch so I may need to look that one up. Have a great week :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow 12 books is indeed awesome [is ten more than me! lol] good for you Barb. And you are killing those challenges! especially FLIGHTS OF FANTASY! I'm sure the rest of the year will be this great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, some were graphic novels so that definitely helps.

      Delete
  8. Looks like you are doing really great so far with your challenges. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Akata Witch. I am very curious about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised more people aren't reading it - maybe because it's middle grade. It's such a good book!

      Delete
  9. We didn't get any of the hurricane rains and it was actually quite warm this weekend. It looks like you did great with your challenges. I hope you have a great September as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. Glad you guys managed to stay dry!

      Delete
  10. I can't believe it is September already too, but our weather is still really hot it doesn't feel like Fall is coming here soon lol. You are doing great on your challenges! I hope you have another great reading month and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy the cooler weather is coming. We had 80s today (and supposedly tomorrow), but then it is back to the 70s (my favorite temps). You had so many 5-paw reads. That's awesome! I had only 2-5 star reads in August, but 3 others came close (4.5 stars).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to have 70's all week. I'm so thrilled - blankets, books, football and pups!

      Delete
  12. We had much cooler weather this weekend too, Barb, but it's gotten a bit warmer now. It's nice that the nights are cool, though - I sleep so much better.
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we usually keep the AC running in our bedroom until November or so because we like to sleep when it's colder as well.

      Delete
  13. Great job on your challenges (as always!). You probably aren't even sweating adding a couple more. :)

    ReplyDelete