Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday (125) - Booker T Says You Shouldn't Either!!!!

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Hello fellow friends - it's me, Booker T.  Today I am featuring a book from one of my favorite authors. Jackie wrote the best book about my "book girlfriend" Maybe, and she has a new book coming out soon.  I know Mom has already read this, but I simply have to share it with all you guys.  This cover is super sweet and you definitely have to preorder this book is you love dogs or fairy tales!  

FROM GOODREADS: Cara Snow is newly divorced, stuck working for a jerky boss at a pet boutique, and dreading her soon-to-be-empty nest with only her beloved corgi for company. Worse still, her ex just got engaged. Doesn’t she deserve some romance, too? Or, at least a date for the Fur Ball. She’s always enjoyed the annual pet rescue gala, but this year her ex will be there with his fiancée. Meanwhile, Cara hasn’t met anyone— other than the irresistible dogs at the boutique’s adoption events.

Cara is shocked when her wish to fall for a man as easily as she does for those mutts summons Vincent. His velour track suit, paunchy belly, and tough-guy accent don't exactly fit her childhood image of a fairy godfather. Not exactly on top of his game, he admits to being twenty-five years late. (Her daughter Winnie is convinced he must be there for her!) Vincent does his best and casts a spell "guaranteed" to help Cara find the One. But when she actually starts meeting men, none of them are her type. If only they were as perfect for her as the dogs they adopt. Did her screw-up fairy godfather botch the spell? If so, what will it mean not only for Cara but Vincent as well?

WHY BOOKER T CAN'T WAIT:  It's Jackie....and Mom loved all her other books (and this one too).  She writes awesome characters - humans and dogs and you just HAVE to meet Vincent!!!!

PREORDER HERE: AMAZON


58 comments:

  1. This does sound fun. I'll take your word for it, Booker T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, Booker T does know what he's talking about.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a cute one! I hope Cara does end up finding someone she connects with. I love dog books that also have an element of romance.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned, I've already read this and need to get my review up. It's such an adorable read - just what I need in between a lot of the darker stuff I normally read.

      Delete
  3. Yay for dogs on the cover and books written by favourite authors!! I hope you love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cover and I know you loved this one earlier when you read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! You really can't go wrong with a book about dogs😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never - unless they die at the end. Then I do have issues but still love the pups!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. The cover really does reflect the cuteness of the book.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing!! I'm SO glad you loved it! (And so glad Booker T is still faithful to his first book-love, Maybe.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Maybe stole Booker's heart. I don't think he'll ever replace her.

      Delete
  9. Looks really cute. Hope you enjoy it.

    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you BookerT for spending my money for me ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booker T is good at that. I spend money on him all the time - food, vet, beds, treats...but hardly ever on books - you got off lucky!

      Delete
  11. haha not familiar with the author but being able to write good characters (including pets) is always a huge plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out her other books too. This is her first "magical" one although I consider all books that feature dogs magical!

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a lot of fun - and the cover is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some of the other options and this one was one of my favorites.

      Delete
  13. This book sounds so fun! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want this one! It sounds and looks great. I'm adding it to my wishlist right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cover is all sorts of cute! I hope that you enjoy it. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. *dies laughing* This might be the most unexpected and original fairy godfather! I love it (him!)! Oh man, seriously this brought such a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, you simply must meet Vincent. He's such an oddball but so funny and lovable in a quirky sort of way.

      Delete
  17. This looks like such a "Barb" book :) This does sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is. If you love dogs, you need to grab it. There's so many puppies you get to meet.

      Delete
  18. This sounds like all sorts of cuteness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always find the cutest dog-themed books. This one sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, Booker T., I really gotta hand it to you! (Or should I say "paw it to you"? Heehee!) You ALWAYS pick the most ADORABLE doggie books! (I guess that's because you're a dog yourself, so you know which are the best, cutest, and most appealing dog books, right?)

    I LOVE that cover! And the plot? I have to say it again....just ADORABLE!! I DO have to meet Vincent, that's for sure!

    Thanks so much for putting this one on my radar!! Tell your mom that I'm sorry to be commenting back so late....and thank her for visiting my CWW post and commenting on it! Y'all have a WONDERFUL weekend!! HUGS TO YOU ALL, AND WOOF, WOOF TO YOU & CASSIUS!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are adding this one. Booker and I know you'll enjoy it!

      Delete
  21. I agree Booker T, that is a cute cover! I hope you and your mum get to read this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute cover - I love dogs *smile* Happy reading and thank you for stopping by my blog.

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the sound of Vincent:)). Thank you for sharing this one - it sounds a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. I like it too. The author had them redo it once to add a tongue. Definitely a good addition - makes the pup look happier!

      Delete