Saturday, September 2, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (126)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book ReviewerI'm hoping to discover some new blogs to love.

So this week I do have quite a few things to show you.  They are currently renovating my local library which means one whole level is closed.  This means less books to chose from and some general chaos until January but I still managed to pick up two interesting looking books. I had to grab Archie Afterlife after loving Sabrina so much and My Favorite Thing is Monsters has such awesome art that I couldn't resist.  

I also grabbed a few books from Amazon for my Kindle.  Oddjobs was finally free and it has been on my wishlist for over a year so I snatched that right away.  Also The Middle Finger of Fate was free and I had to grab it for the title alone.  I saw Kevin the Vampire on someone else's blog last week and Jennifer from The Book Den mentioned In the Valley of the Sun was on sale one day this week for $1.99 and I've been waiting and waiting for my library to get a copy so I just grabbed it myself.

Finally I think Netgalley decided to approve everything on the same day.  Some which were requested so long ago I don't remember getting them.  Stormi mentioned using Savage Woods in her 2017 Halloween Bingo and then sneakily reminded me it was on Netgalley #StormiMadeMeDoIt.  I swear I don't remember requested A Plague of Giants but I must have and I'm thrilled to give it a go.  Of course I could't pass up a book like JJ's Journey.  Finally No Time to Explain isn't my typical read but I read the first one in this series a few years back and come on....DOGS!


So what books did you add to your shelves this week???


34 comments:

  1. I want to read A Plague of Giants as I loved the Iron Druid books but I'm not really hearing much about it so far. Will wait for the paperback and a few reviews first! I've made a few horror grabs ready for next month so I'm looking forward to lots of monsters and beasties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE monsters and beasties! I hope I like Plague of Giants because it's REALLY long.

      Delete
  2. I really want to try those graphics they look so cool! I hope we both end up liking Savage Woods. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to pick up Savage Woods soon but we'll see - too many books!

      Delete
  3. Plague of Giants does sound excellent.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same thing happen, I got approved for a book on NetGalley that I requested a long time ago. I was tempted to request A Plague of Giants, but it's sooo long I decided not to. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I had no idea it was so long until I did this post.

      Delete
  5. That is so cool that you got so many freebies! Especially the ones on your TBR - that worked out nicely. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Barb. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I always love it when it works out like that!

      Delete
  6. I hope the renovations at your library go well. Oddjobs looks really interesting! I like the sound of that one. Your Netgalley books sure look good! I got four review books in the mail recently after being on a self-imposed request ban, and so it was an especially good month for me. :-)

    I hope you have a great week! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have tons to read then. I'm sure the renovations will be great but we've went from two stories to one so it's a bit of a change right now!

      Delete
  7. I just grabbed Afterlife with Archie at comic con last week and I'm hoping to get around to reading it soon!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afterlife w/ Archie looks awesome, and I'm hoping they'll go a little supernatural on Riverdale too (they keep hinting, but haven't gone there yet). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would fit in so nicely. The darker the better for me!

      Delete
  9. I also have In The Valley of the Sun to read, and yes, Book Den's praises have also motivated me to bump it up the tbr! I also can't wait to read Plague of Giants :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to have enabled quite a few of us with that one.

      Delete
  10. Oh I agree, The Middle Finger of Fate is worth checking out just for the title alone -- I am busting to know how the title works into it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see what you think of My Favorite Thing is Monsters! That's been on my list for a while but I haven't had the chance to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The graphics are so great but the book is so huge. I like big books but I've got so much reading planned, it is a tad daunting.

      Delete
  12. You got some tempting books! I hope you enjoy them all, and have a great week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got all NetGalleyed!! :) lotsa to read now! I love all these scary books, especially now that I'm back at the dark side I need all your good recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been on NetGalley in forever. I really need to step up the pace on my backlogged review books over there. Thankfully I'll have more time starting next month.

    I picked up Kevin the Vampire last week. Maybe it was my blog where you saw it. LOL I need to check out Middle Finger of Fate. It reminds me of the Fickle Finger of Fate from Laugh In. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably was! I couldn't resist grabbing it.

      Delete
  15. Don't you love how all of your requests seem to be approved at the same time. I just requested A Plague of Giants and have my finger crossed that I get it. It sounds really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I know this, when they all approve you at once and you're like "goodbye to my book ban goals" :D however, congrats with your great haul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sooo glad you were able to grab a copy of In the Valley of the Sun. Let's be honest - that book is expensive. $1.99 is a steal, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great steal and I'm so glad I saw it on your blog. It made my day!

      Delete