Monday, September 4, 2017

New Releases to Share!



So a few months back I had the pleasure of welcoming Stuart R. West to The Farm (you can find his interview HERE.  I've read two of his books, Dead & Breakfast and Demon with a Comb-Over and loved them both.  I recently discovered he has since released two new books and Booker T and I are thrilled because he has sent us copies of both.  I hope to get to them sometime soon but in the meantime, I wanted to spread the love.  If you haven't read one of his books and you love horror, I think you're missing out!


FROM GOODREADS: 
Growing up in Peculiar County, Kansas, is a mighty...well, peculiar experience.

In 1965, things get even stranger for Dibby Caldwell, the mortician's fifteen year old daughter. A young boy's ghost haunts Dibby into unearthing the circumstances of his death. Nobody—living or dead—wants her to succeed. James, the new mop-topped, bad boy at school doesn’t help.


Dibby can’t get him out of her head, even though she doesn’t trust him. No, sir, there's nothing much more peculiar than life in Peculiar County…except maybe death in Peculiar County.


FROM GOODREADS:

When Wendell Worthy decides to blow off laundry for the day, he has no idea he'll soon be running across downtown Kansas City in his tighty-whities.

But a murderous, psychotic drug dealer has his brother and the ransom's a cup of chili that has to be delivered within two hours. The catch? There are rules in place: no rides, no money, no help. And Wendell has to do it in his underwear. Regardless of the rules, he knows he can’t go it alone.

The only person downtown who might help is Alicia. Too bad their one and only date ended in disaster. Wendell can run like the devil’s on his tail, and he’s gonna’ need to, because all sorts of hell’s about to break loose.

Chili Run: The perfect thriller for the reader on the go.
 


Peculiar County sounds like a perfect read for this time of year and Chili Run seems to me to be reminiscent of the thriller-with-a-side-of-out-of-this-world I loved in Demon With a Comb-Over.  

THANKS STUART!

12 comments:

  1. His books sound kind of fun. I need to try this author since you like him so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with Dead & Breakfast - definitely my fave so far!

      Delete
  2. I have Dead & Breakfast and Demon lined up to read in October because you recommended it! Hope you like this new books of his new books as much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with this author, but both of these sound good, especially Peculiar County. I hope you love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. I hope to read Peculiar County soon.

      Delete
  4. These both sound interesting. I like books that are a little quirky and these sound like they would fall into that category. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demon with a Comb-Over is fun and definitely quirky. I think you'd like it.

      Delete
  5. I think I need to add Stuart R. West books to my recommend me books (mystery, thriller, horror books). You make me curious about his books. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I hope you consider picking up one of his tales. The two I've read are really good reads!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I look forward to hearing what you think. That cover for Chili Run: LOL! That is definitely by the author of Demon With a Comb-Over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he's such a strange and unique author. I love him!

      Delete