Friday, September 15, 2017

Weekly Reads (09/15/17) Mid Month Already?


Happy Friday!  Hope everyone out there remains safe and is surviving all the recovery efforts in Florida and Texas.  I am hoping the weather in the US quiets down some because there is so much those areas need.  Last week was pretty good at The Farm.  I visited Grandpa Saturday, which was the first visit since the cousin and his wife returned, and I didn't see them at all.  They hid in the field.  Actually I guess they took their son to play in the field behind Grandpa's house.  Wonder what they will do to avoid me when the weather gets cold???  The pups are fine and are enjoying the cooler weather, as am I.  I also got quite a few books read last week.

American Horror has returned to TV and it's as weird as ever.  I find that it takes me about 4-5 episodes each season to determine if I'm going to like it and by then, even if I don't, it's easier to finish the season out than always wonder.  Fear the Walking Dead also started back up but in my opinion, it's pretty much filler until The Walking Dead starts in October and I don't like any of the characters so I hope they all get eaten by zombies.  




We also watched "It Comes at Night."  I was not impressed for several reasons.  First, watching this movie was like starting a new book but opening up to page 100 and starting from there.  No real explanation of what happened, how it got that way or anything.  Secondly, you never learn what "it" is.  I mean, for all I know, "it" means Pennywise the clown in a cross-over.  And also, IT doesn't just come at night - I cry false advertising.  Finally, STANLEY.... adorable pooch STANLEY.  You can fill in your own blanks.  I would not recommend this movie to anyone, although it seems to have some fairly decent ratings and reviews.

So I'm hoping my reading trend continues.  There's lots of football to watch this weekend (hopefully most of our favorite teams won't lose like last week) which means I can multitask.  I honestly don't know what's up next but here is one I'm in the middle of and one I seriously eyeing.



So I hope you all have some wonderful plans for this upcoming week.  Thanks for stopping by The Farm!!!

21 comments:

  1. I'm struggling with my reading right now but I hope to get back on track tonight. Ironically I'm enjoying the book but I'm just too tired to read it!

    I haven't looked at Fear the Walking Dead yet but I've heard very mixed reviews on it. I need to get a lot of these series looked at over the winter and decide whether or not to follow them. I think the fewer I like the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for it much. All the characters are so annoying. I'm hoping to get Dial Meow for Murder finished tonight but we will see.

      Delete
  2. What I want to know is, are you going to watch the movie Mother? It seems like it might be your type of movie, but I read a spoilery review and now I don't want to go anywhere near it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pretty much stream most horror movies when they come out on Amazon or Vudu so I'm sure we'll watch it at some point. Seems the previews are pretty vague so I'm gonna have to see why you won't go near it!

      Delete
  3. I am real curious about Mother, even though I don't watch zombie movies. I can read about them though. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can watch everything but snakes. And possession movies - I'll watch them but they tend to freak me out more than other horror topics.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, right?! Time is FLYING! I am so behind on my reading this month! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It cracks me up that you watch a show that you don't like any of the characters so you hope they get ate by zombies...lol. :) That movie you watched doesn't sound good bummer. Hope you get some good reading done...you need to put Dark Exodus up on that list. ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am I promise. I like cheering for the zombies - although in FTWD it seems like the people are killing each other more than the zombies are.

      Delete
  6. I think I'll wait for cable for It Comes At Night. I hate being thrown in the middle of the action like that. I'm confused easily enough! We're going to see IT tomorrow. I am so excited :) Have a great weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to wait. Anxious to see what you think of IT.

      Delete
    2. IT was awesome and amazing. They did a fantastic job casting those kids.

      Delete
  7. They hid in a field? That's different. I tried to watch Fear the Walking Dead but my internet wasn't cooperating with me that night. I love multi-tasking with football/reading. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, this week they went to my Uncles. Seems like they'll do anything to stay out of my way - doesn't bother me any!

      Delete
  8. I have no idea how it's the middle of Sept. already- I just don't. :)

    Lol about Fear the Walking Dead- yeah that show kinda bores me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider it Walking Dead filler. I don't see it lasting much longer.

      Delete
  9. I hope the weather calms down, too. All of these hurricanes that keep popping up are so scary. We haven't been able to sit down and watch any shows yet, but I am going to go see IT today. I can't wait! I hope you are having a great football weekend. That sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and now there are three more developing. Prayers everyone stays safe!

      Delete
  10. I was a super fan of AHS but I kind of got tired of their weirdness after Coven Coven was the last I finished. Freaks was the "THAT's IT I HAD IT!" season :)

    I was wondering about It Comes at Night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Cover but have to admit, Freak Show is the one season Mr. Barb and I did not watch. I saw the first few episodes and couldn't stand it. This year it's definitely odd so far.

      Delete