Friday, September 8, 2017

Weekly Reads (09/08/17)


I just want to open up by saying my thoughts are still on all the recovery efforts in Texas and I'm hoping everyone in Irma's path stays safe as well.  Also, I hope everyone battling the wildfires is staying safe as well.  Wow, sure seems like the world has gone mad.  Mother Nature must really be pissed about something.

Everything is okay on this end.  The pups are fine although Cass has been rather moody lately.  I hope it passes but I won't lie, it makes me nervous.  We also battled a opossum this week in the back yard.  Hopefully it's been run off for good but if it comes back, I hate to say it might meet its end.  I can't risk the boys running up on it without us nearby.  Damn thing - I've named him Otis II.

We watched "Wonder Woman" this week and I really liked it.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Gadot playing the lead but she did a great job.  I also can't believe she was 5 months pregnant during some of the filming.  American Horror:Cult started and it's as weird as ever.  We also watched "Ghost House" over the weekend and overall, it wasn't bad either.

So it's getting cooler here which means I can cuddle up with a book, blanket and a warm drink - or a margarita - whichever is called for.  Oh, and I almost forgot - remember the crazy cousins - they are back at Grandpa's house - but that's a different story for a different time.  Hope all my regular readers will put some spare change aside for bail money (just joking - I think).  Anyway, here are the books I hope to pick up this week.



Have a safe weekend everybody!!!!

22 comments:

  1. I started on We Are Always Watching cause you know I can't just have one book going...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at the cover for We are always watching gives me the shivers! (sidebar: have you watched IT yet? Am curious to know what you think!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not yet. I'd like to go to the theater and watch it but in all probability, will end up waiting for the DVD release. I've thoroughly enjoyed the trailers I've seen though.

      Delete
  3. I can't resist Hunter's books. Reading two at the same time right now. LOL I also have several Halloween cozies lined up for next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I can't believe how many books he actually has out. Can't wait to start this one.

      Delete
  4. Feed Cass with a couple of cats and he'll perk up! Seriously though I hope things will be ok with him. They're back??? Why does your grandpa let them in? I think I'd have mantraps in the garden for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My uncle had all he could take and kicked them out. They had no where else to go. Grandpa has always felt my uncle treated his daughter better than his son so he took them back in "because of their kids." It's gonna end ugly and I'm hoping they go off on me tomorrow when I visit and take a swing so I can call the police and have then locked up. Not the best plan, but .............

      Cass will love the cats idea!

      Delete
  5. It hasn't been a good reading week for me, I've just been so distracted by hurricanes and fires and now an earthquake. I'm still reading Magicians Impossible and hope to finish it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you think of Magician's Impossible - I'm really looking forward to that one. I hope all these disasters end soon. I feel so badly for all in their path - stay safe.

      Delete
  6. Aw, I hope Cass feels better soon! I had a dog that used to get moody all the time, so I totally understand how worrisome that can be.

    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Wonder Woman! I'm still too nervous to watch... lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be doing better now. He also has this thing where he only likes to eat every other day. Strange dog.

      Delete
  7. We are always watching looks creepy good. Wonder Woman is on my watch list.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished We Are Always Watching this morning - LOVED IT!

      Delete
  8. Aww hope Cass is feeling better soon. And that the opossum stays away! It's cooling off here too, was mid-70's today but down in the 40's tonight. You're right, it's a good time to hunker down with a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Mr. Barb ran it off with a broom, I hope it has learned to stay away.

      Delete
  9. I don't even know what to say about the crazy cousins. Ughh. The hurricanes and fires are so scary. I am a bit worried about Hurricane Irma right now. I hope Cass cheers up soon. He's probably worried about opossums in his yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both him and Booker T listen for every little sound now at night. He hasn't been back so I'm hoping he learned his lesson. Hope everyone effected by Irma stays safe!

      Delete
  10. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but Texas is so strong. I'm so anxious and nervous about Irma and Florida right now. You are right - these storms and the wild fires... what is going on? :/ I hope you guys and Cass have a good week with no opossums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts are with Texas and Florida. I feel so badly for everyone. So far, no more opossum sightings but I'm still keeping guard.

      Delete
  11. I hope that opossum stays away. We have a rabid fox in our neighborhood that is aggressively attacking and biting folks. I'm a little terrified to let the dogs out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's scary. I wouldn't let my dogs out either. Either that or I'd stand watch with my pistol (and I do have a permit so I'd be legal :)

      Delete