Monday, October 2, 2017

A Tad Disappointed - Saga Vol. 7 Review

TITLE: Saga Vol. 7
AUTHORS: Fiona Staples & Brian K. Vaughan
PUBLISHER: Image Comics
PUBLISHING DATE: April 4, 2017

FROM GOODREADS: From the worldwide bestselling team of Fiona Staples and Brian K. Vaughan, “The War for Phang” is an epic, self-contained Saga event! Finally reunited with her ever-expanding family, Hazel travels to a war-torn comet that Wreath and Landfall have been battling over for ages. New friendships are forged and others are lost forever in this action-packed volume about families, combat and the refugee experience. 



MY THOUGHTS: I have to admit that Vol. 7 kind of fell flat for me. There were aspects I liked, such as the introduction of a new species/friends on one of the home planets which strongly resemble walking, talking merekats. I also enjoy seeing Hazel grow and mature. Marko and Alana are expecting a new baby, and the relationship between the two of them is stronger than ever. And I can't forget Lying Cat. He's still present and going strong. However, the entire time I was reading this I couldn't help but wonder if there is an ending planned for the series. I felt like some of the story lines are being drawn out too much and it just didn't hold my attention like some of the earlier volumes. I will continue on, especially since I'm able to grab these from my local library, but I look forward to some changes to shake things up.

RATING: 3 PAWS

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh. I'm glad to hear their relationship is still going strong. They were pretty unlikable in vol. 4. I was hoping it was temporary drama. I'm going to keep reading them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fizzled out a bit on Saga after Vol 4. Guess I'm not into it as much as a lot people, it's okay. Lying Cat is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is one issue with long series/sagas. Sometimes the stories draaaaaaag ugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame this one wasn't as good for you but I guess there are always a couple of books in a long series that you might like a little less. Hopefully this is just a blip.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that this wasn't as good as you had hoped. It is never good when the story starts to drag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, thank you, I'm glad it's not just me who didn't love this one. All I've seen are rave reviews. The series has been feeling kind of like it's stalling a bit, but hopefully it'll pick back up and return to the awesome of the earlier volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Sorry this was a bit of a miss!

    ReplyDelete