Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (131)/Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer

This week a little retail therapy was in order.  Still looking for a used vehicle and not having the best luck - but I will soldier on.  It could be so much worse.  I did grab 4 books for my Kindle.  Several were fairly cheap and I've wanted "Devils & Thieves" ever since I first saw it.  "Behold" is one I've had my eye on for a while and was planning on ordering a physical copy but when I saw it for $2.99 as a Countdown Deal I went ahead and grabbed it.  I had to have "Gisele" and "Sins of our Father," both part of the Witches of Auburn series I read and reviewed earlier this week so I got them too #noapologies.


Next I grabbed a couple of books I saw being offered for free.  "Some Dark Holler" sounded pretty interesting and I know I've seen "Bleed" somewhere before.  "The Vampire Skeleton" and "Corpses Say the Darndest Things" both caught me attention and since they were free, I couldn't help but click.


Finally, Netgalley struck again.  Stormi was talking to me about "Alone" and how her friend wanted her to read it to hear her thoughts so I couldn't resist #StormiMadeMeDoIt.  "The Hunger" is a book I first saw mention of over at Books Bones & Buffy and it is about the infamous Donner Party and witches so I was thrilled when I snagged an early copy #TammyMadeMeDoIt.  "Deja Moo" is part of an on-going series and really, who can resist that title, and "The Ripper's Hellbroth" - hello!  Jack the Ripper reference.  Someone I'm almost as fascinated with as Lizzie Borden.  


So as you can see, I'm still in Halloween mode and I am thrilled to get to all of these eventually.  Stormi - you know you need to grab "The Ripper's Hellbroth."

What did you guys grab this week???

45 comments:

  1. Oh got to love a good sale or free books! Great time to stock up! I hope you enjoy all the new finds! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve. Yea, I was definitely in need of retail book therapy this week.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's quite a good haul. NetGalley is so addictive really. I have temporarily banned myself from it :D I hope you enjoy your books. Have a nice weekend :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to but who am I kidding - I probably won't.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, since you grabbed Devils and Thieves for your kindle maybe I can borrow it some time. I have been curious about that one but not sure if it was for me. ;) I went and wished for The Ripper's Hellbroth so I guess its up to them to grant my wish or not. :) I also want The Hunger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may borrow it anytime and I hope you get the Ripper book!

      Delete
  4. I love being an enabler😉! I'm reading Devil's & Thieves soon as well. Hey, never apologize for buying books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you are one of my biggest enablers!

      Delete
  5. Since I have only two more NetGalley books to read, both released in November, I am vulnerable to the urge to browse there!

    Enjoy your haul...I am curious about Alone.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. You've got some good ones. I swore I wouldn't go crazy this month, but....it's horror month. LOL Oh well, that's what I'll blame it on anyway. I hope you enjoy Behold. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't go crazy during horror month, when can you?

      Delete
  7. I hope you find a good used car soon so you can put that behind you. I really really really hate car shopping. It's hard to pass up those Kindle deals. One of the daily deals today has been on my wish list for awhile. Even though I was planning on going with the paperback version, I decided to go with the e-copy instead. Deja Moo! I loved the first book in the series. I need to read the second soon.

    I hope you have a great week, Barb. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, if only buying a car was as easy as buying books!

      Delete
  8. Ooh you got some creepy looking books this week! I just downloaded Vampire Skeleton because vampires. Some Dark Holler sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy from Books, Bones and Buffy also turned me onto The Hunger, though I'm trying as hard as I can to resist requesting! Maybe I'll listen to the audio when it comes out though, the premise does sound amazing.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really got into the Halloween spirit! I am enjoying more Gothic books, and they are perfect for this time of year. Have fun reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gothic books are great reads. Hope you read some great ones!

      Delete
  11. Bleed looks kinda freaky, and so does Alone. They all look perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I'm enjoying Halloween season so much!

      Delete
  12. Deja Moo...what a great title that is! I only grabbed a few books but I can't seem to get motivated to read anything at the moment! I always look forward to October but it hasn't been great so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reading will pick up soon I am sure. Just enjoy the season and hey, it's a wonderful time for creepy movies too!

      Delete
  13. Wow. So you grabbed a lot xD I grabbed only one this week, woot! I am so happy about that. Achievement!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats. Wish I could show more restraint.

      Delete
  14. I laugh because you blame Stormi and she blames you. However for Alone you can both blame me! I would LOVE to see what you think. I need to talk to people about it. I still haven't written my review because I need to write it with spoiler and I am not sure I want to do that or not. lol

    You will have to let me know how The Ripper book is, I do love Jack! :)

    Have a great week, Barb! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I knew I could blame Alone on you. When she was talking to me about you wanting her to read it, I couldn't help but be curious!

      Delete
  15. You grabbed a lot of great books this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer - probably because I've had such crappy luck with cars.

      Delete
  16. I definitely need to snag a good spooky book for Halloween. Devils & Thieves does look intriguing. I remember being interested when I first saw the cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You added some great books this week. I read 1 chapter of Devils & Thieves last week but got distracted so my goal is to finish that one this week. I am quite tempted by Alone as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo, there is a dark tinge to this week's haul. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it but yea, you are right, quite dark.

      Delete
  19. Great haul there, Barb! I think you're really going to enjoy some of those stories in Behold! Hellbroth?! That title terrifies me a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get to some of Behold. And I couldn't resist the deal.

      Delete
  20. ...I think I want to check out Deja Moo just for that title! Looks like a good haul -- hope you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oo the Vampire Skeleton cover. Love it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great book haul. I also fancy The Hunger, I've read and enjoyed the author before.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete