Monday, October 16, 2017

The Fun Continues - The October Faction Vol. 2

TITLE: The October Faction, Volume 2
AUTHORS: Steve Niles, Damien Worm
PUBLISHER: IDW Publishing
PUBLISHING DATE: April 19, 2016

FROM GOODREADS: The Allan family has inducted Dante, a.k.a. Robot Face, into the fold and Geoff and Vivian have begun their training in the family business; monster hunting. All looks well for the Allans, but Sheriff Chambers is slowly catching on to their occult activities. Collects issues #7-12.

MY THOUGHTS: I am loving this series so much that I almost hate to read the last volume I have. I know it will take forever for my library to get Volume 4. This installment continues the Allen family saga. The children are still trying to convince their parents to start ghost hunting again and Lucas, the werewolf family friend, seems to be hanging around waiting for a decision. Dante, the monster who was adopted in the first volume, remains my favorite. He is like a 10 year old in an adult body and he is enjoying having a family for probably the first time in his life. The only reason this got 4/5 instead of 5/5 like the first is because something happens to Mr. Allen in this volume which I think isn't explained very well and which is wrapped up too quickly. As always though, the artwork remains as some of my favorite amongst all of the graphic novels I read. If you love horror, you have to give this series a try. 

RATING: 4 PAWS

7 comments:

  1. I do need to give graphic novels a try. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series as well as the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Chew and Saga.

      Delete
  2. So far so good. Hope to knock Vol. 3 out of the way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My library doesn't have these. :( I need to keep hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I almost never pass book 1 I think is AWESOME when you enjoy a whole series this much! Graphic novels are not my fav but I guess I HAVE to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete