Saturday, October 28, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (134)/Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer


So I was going to go to a book conference tomorrow where they were having a huge book sale and Joe Hill was going to be there.  I was looking forward to it but Mr. Barb, even though he agreed to go would have been miserable, and my mom would have like likely made me miserable.  Add it I'm not a fan of crowds and I feel badly because the boys have been cooped up all week because our city is burning and I decided not to spend 4 hours total on the road.  However, I did use not going as an excuse to visit the local book store and picked these up (my rationale?  the money I saved by not attending)  I saw Lore when picking up Strange Weather and had to grab it too (damn those Halloween displays).


Next up I caught City Dreaming and House of Bones on sale from Kindle so I grabbed them both and only spent $2.98.

Finally, of course Netgalley approved a few outstanding requests.  You guys know I love the Sin du Jour series so I'm thrilled to have Gluttony Bay.  Also, Haven is a sort of Beauty and the Beast fantasy thing, which is one of my favorite fairy tales, so I'm sure that's what caught my attention and spurred on the request.



So what books did you grab this week???

32 comments:

  1. I actually got a surprise copy of Haven in the mail just today, and it was the first I've heard of it. How cool that I see it on your blog now, and I had no idea that it was a Beauty and the Beast story! Thanks for the heads up!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be good. I find the Beauty and the Beast retellings to be hit or miss - maybe because it's my favorite.

      Delete
  2. That's a great excuse to go to the bookstore and buy books! I have been seeing Haven around lately and I also didn't know that it was a Beauty and the Beast story. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing Haven on a lot of blogs, it sounds great! I'd love to read The new Joe Hill if I have time. Sorry you missed him😯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when I'll get to it or the new Stephen King. I'd like to think I could get one of them read over Thanksgiving break but I usually plan a lot of reading while I am off and it never happens!

      Delete
  4. I've been noticing Strange Weather everywhere! I hope you enjoy it.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the cover is even better in person.

      Delete
  5. To bad you couldn't go to the signing but hey, you got two great looking books! I got Haven this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover for Haven is intriguing.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't wait to see how the cover fits in with the book.

      Delete
  7. Bummer you didn't get to go, but it is a great excuse to buy some new reads. I do love that cover for Haven. Happy reading! Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first two covers look amazing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a nice haul! I hope you enjoy 'em. I need to read some more of Joe Hill's work.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Horns and Heart Shaped Box. I'd recommend both of them.

      Delete
  10. I feel like the only person without a copy of Haven. I hope you enjoy it. I am glad there was a silver lining to not going to the book event. New books are always nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had pretty much forgotten I'd requested it!

      Delete
  11. That's too bad you didn't get to go. But at least you got some books :)
    Sin du Jour is great! It's too bad I have only read the first one and can't really request the newest ones. I should get to reading the rest.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the whole series is pretty good. Lustlocked - the 2nd one, remains my favorite. I'm going to be so sad when the series ends.

      Delete
  12. That is so disappointing that you weren't able to go! It sounds like you wanted to - you should have gone without everyone. Treat yourself, and all that. You can't always think of everyone else. :/

    I also got Haven and I'm very excited about it! I'm hoping to read it soon. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful week, Barb. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point. I probably should have went by myself but I know my husband, he would have been worried and insisted on going to keep me company. Which is good but like I said, he'd be miserable. We had a great weekend at home though.

      Delete
  13. Too bad the book con didn’t work out, but I hope you have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even if there were lots of conventions and things near me I doubt I'd go to any of them. I don't like crowded places at all and I avoid shopping at all in December other than essentials at the local shops! It's a pity you missed Joe Hill though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of crowds. Realized yesterday I needed a jacket - you know, for when it's not really winter, but still cold. Went to get one and as I was standing in line, I told Mr. Barb if I didn't really need one I would leave right now! My patience was thin and I can't stand people infringing on my personal space bubble.

      Delete
  15. I don't go many conventions because I don't like the crowds, either. It sounds like it worked out all right for you and I hope you enjoy all your new books.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, sorry you didn't get to go. I used to not mind crowds, but I don't like them now either. I hope you at least enjoy the books you got!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look like perfect Halloween reads. I can understand not wanting to spend 4 hours in the car plus deal with crowds. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awesome is the cover of Strange Weather?! I cannot wait to dive into that one!

    ReplyDelete