Tuesday, October 17, 2017

TTT - A Related Switch Up

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. 

Today the topic is yummy foods mentioned in books. I don't really pay attention to that so I'm sharing with you towns in cozy books (and some others) I'd like vacation in.  I figured it's close enough because lots of cozy mysteries feature bakeries, pubs, restaurants, etc.







I'm thinking this "barkery" is located in some small mountain town in Colorado - but I could be wrong.  Either way, there's lots if hiking, outdoor activities (which I could watch) and a great small town vibe.  Plus, DOGS!

Moonrise, Missouri.  This small town has shifters and pups abound.  Lily's uncle owns a cafe where everyone meets to gossip and eat and it sounds like a fun place to grab a bite.

Tupelo, Mississippi.  Now know I wouldn't want to live here, but there is so much going on in this town that a vacation there sure wouldn't be boring.  

Bon Temps, Louisiana.  Come on now, who wouldn't want to play fetch with Sam, have Alcide make some housing repairs and hang out in Eric and Pam's bar?

Midnight, Texas.  This town is SMALL.  And it can be kind of dangerous. But they have a "killer" restaurant and such great characters.

Sylvan Creek.  This series mentions some great treats for people AND dogs and they have some wonderful festivals.  It would be a great place to spend Halloween!

Briar Creek.  This small town is by the Cape and it has a great little family owned restaurant and they are always talking about some awesome food.  Plus, the library sounds so fun and quaint.  

Little Leyton, Bukinghamshire.  I love this series, even though I've only read the first one!  The Dog & Duck bar sounds like an awesome place to hang out and have some interesting drinks!

Enchanted Village, Salem Massachusetts.  Such a fun little witchy town.  I love getting lost in the setting.

Stars Hollow.  So, it's not a book series, but my favorite small town has to be from Gilmore Girls.  I'd love to sit in Luke's reading and eating lunch, and using my cell phone - even if it's forbidden!

So, considering I grew up in a small town and hated it, I shocked I always seem to enjoy reading about them.  Of course, there are always fun festivals and murder and mystery and our town had very little going on.



22 comments:

  1. Out of that list I have read three...lol. If I went to Pam and Eric's bar I would want to go with Bill (he was my favorite) though I wouldn't mind watching Alcide to house repairs...hehehe. :)

    I live in a small town and it's nothing like those in the books but I still like reading about them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three's good. Sometimes I make lists where you don't have any :) Yea, watching Alcide sounds like a good pastime.

      Delete
  2. Great list and a more interesting topic! I'd love to eat at Sam's place but I wouldn't object to some Eric gazing! I love the cover of Bite the Biscuit and it is a great name for a book too. I like the idea of a small town pub or diner where you get good food and conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It seems every small town I've been in has someplace people chose to congregate all the time.

      Delete
  3. These books make me want to find a cozy small town to hang out in! Preferably in a coffee shop in the rain. With a dog nearby😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these towns. I will meet you at the dinner in Midnight, Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to eat at Luke's, lol.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Enchanted Village, Salem Massachusetts. Such a fun little witchy town."

    Salem, MA is such a cool place. We go there at least once a year. Great idea for the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great twist on this week's topic! I haven't travelled much, so I'm forever encountering places in books that I'd love to visit. The sad thing is, most of them aren't even places that exotic: so many great books are set in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to eat at Luke's!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-129/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, this is a good list. Now I'm thinking about other small towns I'd like to live in. I always like the one where the preacher lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I like reading about small towns and who doesn't want to hang out with Sookie and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun twist on today's topic. I grew up in a little town and I appreciate it a lot more as an adult than I did as a kid. Now I live in suburban Arizona and I'd sell my soul to go back! Actually, I'll take Stars Hollow. It's so enchanting.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don’t pay much attention to food in books, either. If I can’t eat it, I’m not interested. I could really use a vacation, though.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't read a lot of cozies but I do occasionally, and it's always nice when there's a good restaurant/ pub/ whatever in the story with yummy sounding food. Death by Chocolate Lab sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your twist on the topic - fancy visiting a couple of those creeks and Salem.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Small towns in books are ALWAYS more interesting than small towns in real life! That's just fact. I also grew up in a small town and couldn't wait to get out, but I like reading about them now.

    Also, there are books written based on the Gilmore Girls series, so that choice is still totes book related!

    Love your take on the topic. Have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to Salem this Saturday Babyyyyy wooooohoooo so excited I can't even!!! I grew up in a big crowed city so I love small towns. I think book sin small tons are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to have a FABULOUS time! I highly recommend visiting the Horror exhibit at the PEM!

      Delete
  17. GREAT LIST!! Gosh, I wish Stars Hollow was real!!

    ReplyDelete