Thursday, October 19, 2017

Halloween Creatures Books Tag


This wonderful tag was created by Anthony @ Keep Reading Forward.  I saw it and since it is that season, I couldn't resist.  Also, make sure to visit Anthony's blog - it's a lot of fun.

WITCH - A book or character that is magical
The entire Harry Potter series and I'm sure I don't have to explain why I feel this way.

MUMMY - A book or character you can't wrap your mind around
Welcome to Night Vale: Joseph Fink
I still have more questions than answers.

VAMPIRE - A book, series or author you can't live without
Stephen King

WEREWOLF - A book best read at the middle of the night
Rosemary's Baby because this one is all about the atmosphere!

ZOMBIE -  A book you picked up for the 2nd time or continued after DNFing it.
The Shining.  I don't reread much and rarely DNF but I think I've read this 2, maybe 3 times.

GHOST - A character you saw right through or a book you easily predicted the twist.
Gone Girl - whether it was from all the hype, or if it was from all of the characters being so stupid, I found this one totally predictable and it can disappear - just like a ghost.

FRANKENSTEIN - A book that truly shocked you.
Ultimate Sacrifice by S.E. Green - THAT ENDING!!!!!


SKELETON - A book or character that chilled you to the bone or got your funny bone.
Elvis from The Southern Cousin's Mysteries.  That funny Basset makes me chuckle every time I read the sections from his POV.  Plus, you know I'd have a dog here somewhere!


GHOUL - A book that left you hungry or a recipe you want to try from a book.
Butterbeer from Harry Potter - it's either gonna be good or gonna be bad.

GOBLIN - A greedy character or a character that loves jewelry.
Princess Vanessa from Rise of the Sea Witch.  I think she probably fits both categories.

DEVIL - A dark, evil character
Cersei from the Game of Thrones books

GRIM REAPER - A character you loved or hated who died.  
Khol Drogo from Game of Thrones because I hated him in the beginning and then loved him by the time he died. 

SCARECROW - A book or character who scares you.
Lots of characters from The Demonists and Dark Exodus.

So there you have it.  I really don't like tagging people because some like them and some don't.  So I'll just say anyone who wants to do this do so and just make sure to give Anthony credit!







23 comments:

  1. Creepy, atmospheric books are always best read at night ;-) Although I'm scaredy cat, so no scary books for me lol. This is such a fun tag! I'll have to save it for next year since I already have a Halloween-ish tag post scheduled for next week lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that the answers don't have to necessarily be scary books. It fits all genres :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE THIS TAG!! Ghost is my top favorite! Funny you didn't like Gone Girl I kinda did! I did not see that plot twist coming [haha silly me!] The Demonists and Harry Potter all the way babyyyy I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it late...like right before movie came out. I think I was jaded because of all the hype as well.

      Delete
  3. This is a very cool tag. I have the urge to reread The Shining now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never read The Shining too many times.

      Delete
  4. This was such a fun post. I've only read The Shining 1x but I re-watch the movie every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite movies. I think it does the book justice where most do not - except the ending is kinda opposite (you get what I mean since you've read and seen it).

      Delete
  5. Lot of good books mentioned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answers! Thank you for doing the tag! :D
    (I love the pictures you added!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for creating and sharing it and I'm glad you liked the pictures!

      Delete
  7. I don't know, I found Gone Girl twisty, and I was shocked I liked it, as I am a very character driven reader, and these characters were very unlikable. Butterbeer really is the best. We could not get enough of it at Universal. For a while, we were able to get his soda at Wegmans that tasted like it, but I have not seen it in a while. *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear about butterbeer. The only character I liked in Gone Girl was the guy's sister. She was the only one who had any sense and possessed any likable characteristics as all!

      Delete
  8. I'm with you about Drogo. He grew on me. So sad. And that ending in Ultimate Sacrifice got me too! What a super fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I mean, I didn't really expect a great ending with Ultimate Sacrifice, but I didn't expect THAT!

      Delete
  9. Ooh this is such a fun tag! This is one of the reasons I love October in the book blogosphere- fun stuff like this. :)

    Night Vale ha ha! I wonder if you EVER get any answers on that podcast!

    Interesting about Gone Girl, I've been thinking of reading that one, but yeah mainly from the hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't bring myself to listen to Night Vale. I wanted to like that book so much because it sounded so fun and quirky. However, guess it wasn't meant to be. The sad thing is, there are sequels now and I question my sanity because I've honestly thought about picking one up!

      Delete
  10. You know I'm doing this tag, right?! I was wondering how you were going to get a dog book in there! Yes of course to Harry Potter and totally agree with Cersei being a devil! I cried my eyes out when Drogo died! His character grew on you as you saw his love for Dany grow. *sniffles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are going to do it. I was going to tag you but I'm always leery of tagging people because some people don't like to do them. Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, I love this tag!!! The illustrations for each character you chose are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete