Monday, October 16, 2017

Another Awesome Horror Graphic Novel Series

TITLE: The October Faction, Vol. 1
AUTHOR: Steve Niles, Damien Worm
PUBLISHER: IDW Publishing
PUBLISHING DATE: July21, 2015

FROM GOODREADS:  The October Faction details the adventures of retired monster-hunter Frederick Allan and his family... which include a thrill-killer, a witch, and a warlock. Because sometimes crazy is the glue that binds a family together.




MY THOUGHTS: I have accidentally found a new horror graphic novel to love on and the timing couldn't be better. I had to run into my library to pick up a hold the other day and an usual, caught myself in the "new" section. I saw the first three volumes of "The October Faction" and all I needed was to look at one of the covers and I knew all three were headed home with me! "The October Faction" tells the story of a family of misfit/orphan monster hunters. The books provides with witches, warlocks, werewolves and some other characters I am still learning about. The two children in the book want nothing more than to follow in their retired father's footsteps except he is now a renowned professor of monstrumology and wants nothing to do with his old business. Does that change? You betcha! However, you have to read to find out. 

The artwork in this book is dark, creepy and glorious. And the writing just strikes a cord with me. At one point, someone in the book is killed rather unexpected and the perp's comment was something to the effect of "I was going to have to kill him eventually so why drag it out?" An attitude I can understand - not that I'm a killer or anything :) 

So basically everyone - go get this book. NOW!!!!!

RATING: 5 PAWS





17 comments:

  1. Ooh that's a cover that would've caught my attention too! I'm glad you liked it, I'll have to check if it's on Hoopla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers to all of them are great so far!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any horror graphic novels before. This one sounds spooky though and perfect for Halloween. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think you'd like them. Gotta get that library card thing worked out ;)

      Delete
  4. Certainly sounds like an interesting story. I don't buy graphic novels though so I'm not likely to be buying it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely buy them either. They are just too expensive for the time I spend reading them. I usually get most of mine from the library. I've really only bought Legends (which is about dogs - go figure), and Scooby Apocalypse.

      Delete
  5. That cover definitely draws me in, I don't read a lot of graphic novels, but I think any under the category of horror would work for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good horror ones out lately. I definitely like them better than the traditional super hero type. Although I do love my Harley Quinn.

      Delete
  6. I can't remember the last time I read a graphic novel, particularly one that wasn't superhero based. I'm a sucker for monster hunters though, so this is going straight on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep saying I don't like graphic novels but I did like Wytches! So I should check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!!

    ReplyDelete