Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday (127) A Little Bit Cozy

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.







FROM GOODREADS: There's no reverse on the hearse . . .

For Tallulah Graver, marrying wealthy Waldo Phillips seemed like the best way out of the family business, the Graver Funeral Home. But when her marriage falls apart and Tallie is left with next to nothing, she turns to cleaning houses to make ends meet. As humbling as it is to tidy the mansions of the snobby socialites she used to call friends, at least she doesn't have to be around dead bodies. Until . . .
She discovers one of her employers lying in a closet with a knife sticking out of her chest. This unpleasant shock seems to be part of a web of weird experiences: Tallie's friend Gina's shop is broken into, her ex is stun-gunned where it hurts the most, and now she's receiving flowers from the dead woman. Granted the deliveryman is handsome, but seriously, that's enough to cast a pall over anyone's day. Now Tallie needs to dig deep to clean up this mess--before she finds herself in a grave situation.
 

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I think this is a perfect cozy mystery for this time of year and it even releases on Halloween Day.  What could be better???

What book can't you wait for this week???

48 comments:

  1. Love the title and cover! It does sound perfect for Halloween! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the title - cozy titles are always so cute.

      Delete
  2. I laughed when I read the title! This is now on my list too!Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seen this one and thought it looked cool too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No surprise that we're on the same page with it.

      Delete
  4. These cozies always seem to have great covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the title. It's perfect, and this sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my horror fest, I'll need to do some lighter reading.

      Delete
  6. This does sound like a perfect cozy mystery. I hope you love it.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cozy mysteries ... perfect anytime of the year. Hope you enjoy it a lot!


    Renee ~ My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick for this time of year. I'd definitely read this one. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'd rather be around dead bodies than cleaning up after slobby snobs! Hope you love this one, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mysteries are always fun. I hop enjoy this one! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like a good mystery! Great pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the titles so much of the cozy mysteries! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my CWW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I sometimes wonder how they come up with them!

      Delete
  13. I have this one on my list too. It looks like a great cozy. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'm pretty sure I saw it on your blog!

      Delete
  14. This book sounds awesome! I'm adding it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A perfect Halloween type story! I hope that you enjoy it. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I think October is flying and I'm not ready for Halloween to be over!

      Delete
  16. I don't read a lot of mysteries, but I always enjoy them when I do. This sounds delightful. Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a good October pick! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like a cute mystery with just the perfect amount of quirkiness. I hope you'll enjoy reading it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need some quirkiness from time to time.

      Delete
  19. I feel like her ex being stun-gunned in his privates might be well deserved. This made me smile -- I hope it's as lovely when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: have sent you a message via Twitter about your experience with Serial Box. Am in need of some advice...

      Delete
    2. It does sound quite humorous!

      Delete
  20. haha what I said before about dragon books goes for cozy mysteries! I'm sure you'll be the one to make me read one of this! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto my previous comments. I WILL get you to read one yet - haha!

      Delete
  21. This does sound like the perfect cozy mystery for this time of year. A bit on the creepy side for me, though, lol. In my last read -- "Beautiful Creatures" -- there was a hearse, and I didn't like that AT ALL.

    Hope you enjoy this one!! Thanks for always stopping by to leave such lovely comments on my CWW post!! HUGS TO YOU & THE BOYS!! WOOF, WOOF to them, as well!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That title is truly the best, haha. I just read my first cozy mystery last week so you've definitely piqued my interest with this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete