Friday, October 20, 2017

Weekly Reads (10/20/17)


HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!  So this week has actually been fairly tame especially when you look at the chaos of the last few.  I'm grateful for how lucky and fortunate I've been lately and despite any issues, I've had the wonderful support of family and friends.  It was stressful for me for having to rely on people for help getting around and borrowing vehicles before Bowser came to live with us.  For anyone who doesn't know, I hate depending on anyone for anything.  I can be pretty stubborn and headstrong that way.

We managed to watch a few movies over the past week.  First up was "Cold Moon" which was a movie based on "Cold Moon Over Babylon" which I featured a few weeks ago on one of my TTT lists.  It was pretty good but it's too bad they didn't have a bigger budget because it could have been awesome.  It was certainly a creepy Southern Gothic though.  We also watched "Spiderman Homecoming" and the new kid playing Spidey didn't bother me like I thought he might.  I finally watched "Gerald's Game" on Netflix and thought it was done really well.  "Fear the Walking Dead" wrapped up with a cliffhanger where everyone might be dead except the one character I despise the most!  Can't wait for "Walking Dead" to start Sunday.  I miss my Daryl plus I think from the previews Baby Judith has finally grown some - about time!

Mr. Barb works this weekend so I'll be continuing on with the painting.  Next up is the dining room and yes, Booker T once again picked the paint color.  I will be squeezing some reading in here and there and am almost through with Rituals.  Here is what I hope to get to this week.  

I will leave you with some pics of this year's Halloween decorations.  I still need to carve pumpkins though!





In the first picture, there's a photo of my grandfather taken in Berlin when he was in WWII.  It's one of my faves and because it's sepia toned, I just made it part of the Halloween display rather then remove it from the mantle.

Also, that wolf head.  I just hung it 2 weeks ago after finishing painting even though we've had it for years. Booker T HATES it.  Every once in a while he will look up and start growling.  I've even had to take it down and sit it on the floor so he could check it out. Crazy watch dog!


17 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good week! <3 And I LOVE your Halloween decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't carve my Dave's relatives! He won't be happy when I tell him! He's going to do another Halloween post this year. That wolf head is great...very Stark! My rooms are too much of a mess to photograph at the moment but I aim to reorganise this winter...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better watch out for Dave. Can't wait for his post.

      Delete
  3. I hate asking for help as well so I feel you on that. LOL, on the wolf and BookerT. Did he calm down about it after you let him sniff it? Dogs are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did for a while, but has randomly stared and then growled again. I sometimes wonder what goes through his head.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful selection of Halloween decorations:)). And I love your books this week - I MUST get hold of the Kelley Armstrong and Alice Hoffman books! Have a great week, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Rituals last night. It's my favorite series of her's yet. So sad to see it end.

      Delete
  5. I've heard incredible things about Hoffman's The Rules of Magic! And lovely decorations, It's definitely feeling like Halloween around here!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Booker T reminds me of my Otis. He growls at anything that isn't a tree or plant, at least on our walks. He especially hates Halloween decorations on people's grass! It's pretty funny. Maybe he has bad eyesight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sometimes wonder. He is getting older. Then again, he's a tad nuts so who knows! The vet has never expressed any concern with his eyes.

      Delete
  7. You watched some great movies this week. I've been watching so much baseball - and now we've made it into the World Series - that I haven't had time to watch any of the movies I've been wanting to catch. Have you seen The Babysitter on Netflix yet? I keep hearing it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the baseball. We're obsessed with football in our house.

      Delete
  8. I love seeing Halloween decorations. We don't have it much here, so it always fascinates me seeing everyone's. I still can't figure out how you actually carve a pumpkin of all things with faces and the like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay... this is my 4th try to leave a comment on this post... will see if I can get it to work this time! Anyway... will look forward to hearing what you think about The Rules of Magic.

    Love the decorations. So funny about Booker T and the wolf head. Rita was the same when we visited my sister’s and she eventually noticed a stone “cat” on the shelf. Oh my goodness. You would have thought we were under attack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yaya I live Halloween decorations SO MUCH! You must be SO HAppy :) I NED to read or watch some Southern Gothic!! Love it! I think my fav is The Skeleton Key! :)

    ReplyDelete