Saturday, October 14, 2017

Weekly Reads/Stacking the Shelves (132)/Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer

So today I'm covering it all because it's been such an eventful week.  First of all, meet Bowser (yep, I name my vehicles).  We got a decent deal and more importantly it's a truck  with no payments.  I thought I was going to have to start looking at cars.  This is a load off my mind and I hope it works out well.


We managed to watch a couple of movies this week and I realized I forgot to mention we finally watched "47 Meters Down."  It was very good.  The other two were "Demonic" and "All the Devils Are Here."  I was rather pleased with "Demonic" and it had some recognizable actors.  "All the Devils Are Here" looked really cheesy from the cover but I was shocked.  It wasn't the greatest but it was pretty entertaining.  Although I couldn't figure out why it used 80's music so much (it wasn't that old).  Look at the crazy cover art.  Some of the characters are awesome and some need to die but it's worth watching just to watch some guy try to knock someone's infected arm off with a rock!

The boys are great and thoroughly enjoyed their vet trip.  Booker T's girlfriend totally spoiled him rotten.  In fact, Mr. Barb mentioned he thinks she forgets who's dog he is - HIS!  Haha.  Needless to say, T loved all the attention and Cass got plenty too.  AND he weighed in at 110 pounds.  However, his vet says for his frame and size, he is very healthy and he is not concerned.

Here's a quick look at the books I'm planning on reading this coming weekend and week and then I'll share the books I added to my shelves.


And I bought three books Tuesday night (the vehicle hunt was getting the best of me and hey, books are easy to buy).  I saw "Pupcakes" at Walmart and does anyone even question why I grabbed it at this point?  I also ordered "The Hollow Girl" and "The Breathless" for my Kindle...just because.


So I hope everyone is having a great week and that everyone near the wildfires is staying safe.  What books did you add to your shelves this week???



47 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a good deal for a new car, and I hope it works out well for you too! Also glad to hear the vet visit went well :-) Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. I always knew I hated car shopping and this experience solidified that opinion.

      Delete
  2. Nice truck! We name our cars too. My dad has named the new car The Hound so he can swear every time someone cuts him off! Glad the boys enjoyed their visit! I'm a bit concerned about 47 meters down as I didn't much like the other Open Water offerings! As for the books 'just because' is as good a reason as any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hound is awesome and so perfect for you and your father. I think you might want to watch 47 Meters Down. There are actually quite a few shark scenes and it didn't strike me as anything like the Open Water movies.

      Delete
  3. I thought the cover for All the Devils are here was kind of scary, ahem yes I am a wuss! I totally named my first car The Beast, because she was a little Smart Car heh, so I absolutey understand naming Bowser! Which also,: YAY congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Beast. All the Devils was a good watch but I still don't understand that cover. Hope you have a great week and I'm always excited to see you've stopped by The Farm!

      Delete
  4. Love the new truck! I've never heard of All the Devils and have to admit I'd probably never pick it up with that cover. Lol. I have Breathless and The Hollow Girl but haven't read either yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Mr. Barb picked it out and it was actually decent enough. It's a B-horror movie but better than some.

      Delete
  5. They all seem super Halloween-y! Love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice truck! It looks like you got some great books this week. I love the cover for The Breathless! Have a great week!

    Here mine STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. My friend Stormi is reading it now so I'm waiting to hear her thoughts before I start it.

      Delete
  7. Naming your vehicles seems very normal to me! I name all my gadgets, too. Looks like a good haul here -- I need to read more of Kelley Armstrong's work!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Since I named my Kindle Paul Anka, it only figures I'd name my truck as well.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the new truck! Love your haul! I don't know how I missed this Kelley Armstrong series. She's so prolific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this series is one of her best. I love her work.

      Delete
  9. So glad you got yourself a nice truck, I know that was lots of stress trying to find one. The books your reading look really good and great little haul you got! The Hollow Girl is on my TBR wishlist! :)

    Happy reading!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know where you can borrow it when you're ready.

      Delete
  10. Yay for the babes being good and for the new truck! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. They are always pretty good at the vets!

      Delete
  11. YAY for a new vehicle! I love new things and a new car (truck) is super fun. It sounds like you worked out something good for it!

    I've heard good things about The Breathless! It has a lovely cover too, so it's a great deal. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Barb. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year. Such great books to grab and check out!

      Delete
  12. Pupcakes looks adorable! I might have to check that one out closer to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all three of her books but haven't read them yet. It's such a great physical copy - it has pug dividers marking the different months as the tale goes on.

      Delete
  13. Hey nice looking truck! Congrats!! I do want to see 47 Metres Down...

    Rituals looks great. Have a super weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grats on the truck! And looks like you have a lot of good horror on your shelves to look forward to!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great new truck it is. Happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful reading week. Enjoy your new books. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY new car! With no payments. That's a huge win :)
    I'm glad the dogs are doing well. I'm bringing Hercules to the vet next week for his first shots...
    Have a wonderful week ahead and enjoy your new books.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, one car payment in the household is enough. I'm in love with Hercules. Hope he enjoys the vet trip.

      Delete
  17. Bowser is a great name for a car :D and I love that crazy cover!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the truck and no payments! Rituals was good, and Pups looks so dang cute. Have a lovely week and enjoy your horror films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 200 pages into it. Although I hate love triangles, I think the one is this series was done really well and tied is so much with the folklore and history. That being said, I've always been TeamGabriel so I really need to find out what happens!

      Delete
  19. Congratulations on the new ride!! And oh my gosh, Pupcakes looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy your new truck! I got one from my MIL and it broke down within a couple of weeks of getting it home. I hope your's fares much better than mine.
    Rituals is definitely on my TBR. Enjoy!
    My STS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope mine fares better too! I'm loving Rituals right now.

      Delete
  21. Aw, I may have to check out Pupcakes for my 12 Books of Christmas challenge this year.

    Looks like a great haul for you. Hope you have a wonderful week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome for that. There's also one called Claude's Christmas Adventure I have from last year I want to get to which I think you might want to check out too!

      Delete
  22. I usually name my cars, too, along with all of my electronic devices. But for some reason, my current car has gone unnamed. Maybe it's too late now.

    Enjoy the new car...and your books. Rituals does look tempting.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on finding the truck! It looks nice. I hate how expensive trucks have suddenly become. It is great that the vet trip worked out so well. i have 2 dogs that cry the whole time we are there. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are outrageous. And I don't really want a BIG truck and it seems like that's all that's out there. This one is older but it's the right size - I call them "toy" trucks.

      Delete
  24. omg I just want to upload all your books on my TBR!!! and I'll have to watch Demonic!!! Glad to hera Booker T got totally spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete