Tuesday, October 3, 2017

TTT - Ten Creatures That Could Live in My House

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. 

This week's topic is Top Ten Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends.  I don't "do" book boyfriends maybe because I found my one true love.  However, there are many dogs and some other creatures I'd love to live with me so instead, I'm sharing those!






Enzo - He's described as a philosopher with a near-human soul.  I loved him sooooo much and he could come shack up with Booker and Cass anytime.

Socrates - Boxers are pretty high energy and high maintenance.  A laid-back Basset might do wonders for our household - or else get totally lost in the shuffle.  

Kinski - In this graphic novel, a salesman goes out of his way to rescue this abused and adorable pup.  I totally wanted to bring him home and love him after reading it.

Jake - See laid-back Basset comment above 😉

Mr. Snuggles - Ok, so I'll probably never own a cat but if I did, it was be a smart-ass, snarky one like Mr. Snuggles who could talk!

Maybe - Booker T would never forgive me if I didn't add his "book girlfriend" Maybe to this list so she could come live with us.  T is a very dedicated boyfriend and has been committed to Maybe for years.

Elvis - I'm starting to see a trend with Basset Hounds so maybe the Universe is trying to tell me something.  Anyway, Elvis is the snarkiest most opinionated dog I've met in books in a long time.  We'd be great pals.

Jenks - He is clearly my favorite character in this series and it would be fun to have this little pint-sized pixie as a guest/permanent resident.

Beezle - I ADORE this gargoyle - wisecracks and all!

Sherman - Look at that face?  He'd be an awesome companion for Booker and Cassius!

So there you have it - 7 dogs, 1 cat (don't tell the pups), 1 pixie and  1 gargoyle.  What a house full!


37 comments:

  1. Having a pixie does sound awesome. Great change of topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't help but think of all the things Jenks could do!

      Delete
  2. I love Boxers and my hubby loves Bassets we'd be so happy with two of each :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great combination for a household!

      Delete
  3. I too would welcome all of these creatures into my home. Who needs a book boyfriend/girlfriend when one can have some unconditional love?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so glad Booker T is loyal to his girl! Thanks for including her on the list!
    (Love Enzo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Booker T. He will never replaced Maybe!

      Delete
  5. haha I love your take on this one! I wouldn't mind some of the amazing animals in the books I read joining me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the dogs on your list can also live in my house as well. I love that there are unconventional "pets" on your list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I love your theme. I would suggest that Oberon (The Druid Chronicles) also needs to be on here because who can resist a sausage loving deerhound? Really??
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I haven't read those books yet, although I have started buying them. Chuckles assures me I'd love him and he's hilarious on Twitter so I'm sure he'd be on the list too!

      Delete
  8. Love your take on the topic this week!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/03/top-ten-tuesday-127/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. I would let all of these critters stay with me as well. Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I don't have book boyfriends either, but this is a topic I could do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just never got into the whole book boyfriend thing. I always feel like a perv!

      Delete
  11. This is a fun list! I loved Jenks and need to catch up on the series. I have Death by Chocolate Lab on my TBR and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome and I just read the sequel and enjoyed it as well!

      Delete
  12. Most of these that are doggies would be welcome in my house too!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the name Socrates! Mr. Snuggles and Elvis sound pretty good too. :)

    A pixie might be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pixie like Jenks would definitely be. He's such a smart-ass.

      Delete
  14. Aww these dogs sound cute, but I think cats are snarky enough without talking, so I think I'd rather have one that can't talk lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could never share my home with a cat! Oh dear Booker T won't like that when he finds out and he'll put you on the naughty step again! I love bassett hounds as they do look like chilled out kind of guys! Beezle is awesome, I love him! You'll love Oberon when you read Iron Druid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, he was none too pleased. Cass commented Mr. Snuggles wouldn't last long!

      Delete
  16. Ooh I so wish to have a dog, but noone in my family loves pet. Nice take on this week's topic though :)

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mister Snuggles! Ha! Yea, I'm glad the herd can't talk but they do smart-ass real well regardless. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it's pretty much the cat's I've met as well.

      Delete
  18. Aw what a cool idea for a post! When I only saw the name I thought you'd come up with spiders etc haha, I read too many Halloween posts!

    The whole lot is welcome to move in with me as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I can't think of actual creatures I want to live with. I can handle an occasional spider but in general, I'm a big scaredy cat.

      Delete