Thursday, June 21, 2018

Books to Bark (and Crow) About #5 - Mom's Life's a Mess!



So we kept telling Mom we were due a blog feature and she kept ignoring us (however, we can cut her a break because June has been kind of traumatic for her).  Finally, one day at lunch, it dawned on her and then she was all dog treats and apologies.  This week, Cass and I are each sharing a book we think Mom ought to purchase, as well as one which is already on her shelves.

BOOKER T'S PICK:
There's a new dog next door which is driving me crazy.  Personally I could care less about him because I know firsthand if he keeps snapping at me, Cass will take care of him.  (yea Mom, I hear ya, it's not him, it's his OWNERS....blah  blah blah).  So in honor of Rodney, I'm featuring some Doggy-horror.  You know that is completely unlike me so you can only imagine the stress I'm under!  "Dog Days O'Summer" is what they call a coming of age story and I think it's about werewolves but the cover looks more like the "Shaggy DA."  Or at least Mom thinks it does.  "Rodney" oops I mean "Hell Hound" is a book Mom's had on her shelf for some time.



CASSIUS' PICK:
  So since brother went all dark and twisty, I'm going to share two mysteries books with you.  Dogs are popping up all over the place in mysteries and for good reason - we're darn smart.  Plus we can be both sneaky and cute - both which can be used to get what we want.  I think both of these would be good books to take our mind off of Rodney and unlike Booker T, I'm pretty sure Mom ALREADY owns both of them.



So there you have it guys.  Our very late 6th Edition of Books to Bark (and Crow) About.  Wish Rodney (oops, we mean us) luck!


13 comments:

  1. Oh no! Who is this new doggy messing with Booker? Poor thing! No wonder he chose horror this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a dog a couple of doors down from us that barks a lot and it plays havoc with my reading concentration! I hope Rodney settles down! I read Hellhound in February and was a bit disappointed as it wasn't what I expected and I hated the ending! Hope your mum likes it better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up getting it in a Nocturnal Reader's Box after already ordering a copy. I passed it on to a friend so maybe we'll both read it together - wink wink Stormi!

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately I have "one of those dogs" that barks a lot and doesn't like other dogs or people. But I love him more than anything and he's a rescue, so who can blame him? I love the cover of Dog Days of Summer😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs will be dogs and there's only like 3 feet of fence where they can see each other. My dogs pretty much ignore Rodney. What ticks me off is when the neighbor guy sees me let my dogs out and then goes and lets Rodney out knowing he will just bark....at 6am. I mean, he sits on the back porch and when he sees me let the pups out, out comes Rodney. That's why I told Booker T is was the parents :)

      Delete
  4. I have a dog who is now quite old (13) and so he's grumps - but rightly so, he's earned his grumpy stripes. On the whole he's pretty chilled out but he doesn't want knocking around so it makes him cantankerous.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Dog Days O'Summer- you know, a werewolf might just solve the Rodney problem. Just saying. :) Although yeah sounds like the owner is more of the problem, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A werewolf would have a never-ending supply of problems in my neighborhood - and I'm talking people :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh! I am going to have to check out Mastiffs, Mystery and Murder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, how did I miss this post?! I love your choices fellas but especially love BookerT's black little heart :)

    ReplyDelete