Friday, June 29, 2018

Weekly Reads (06/29/18)


So hallelujah tomorrow is the first day of July.  And the first day of my stay-cation and am I ready for the tides to change.  So Gpa is home and on the mend.  He basically went home last Friday, but but Saturday was back but he was released Wednesday so we're hoping for the best. 

Next, Booker T's eye ulcer healed.  He had a checkup Wednesday and the vet said it was healed, but we need to use another medication now to help with any infection and scarring.  He seems much happier but is having to take Benadryl for his allergies so he is a sleepy puppy at time.  

I think I'm hanging in there for the most part.  We spent all weekend, Monday evening and Tuesday evening watching Luke Cage Season 2.  Some of it was really good but I'm not sure about other parts, especially the ending.  It will be interesting to see where it heads in Season 3.  

So I need to do a June reading recap and see what a disaster that was :)  However, I know I've gotten some reading done.  Since I'll be at home, I have a pretty ambitious stack for this weekend and coming week.  Here's hoping!


So I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Check in tomorrow for a pretty decent haul since I didn't do one last week :)

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, The Outsider and The Mermaid! I'm looking forward to hear what you think of both. I hope you get plenty of reading done.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get planning my July reads and get a post ready to go up on the 1st...get back into normal booky service now that I'm reading again. Glad to hear that both medical cases in the family are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love The Outsider! I need to buy a copy, since I collect Stephen King. And hey, you almost made it through the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a Stephen King book in so long but this one looks amazing! I hope you enjoy it :) I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

    Thanks for being my comment buddy this month :)
    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that things around in a positive way for your gpa and Mr. BookerT! Enjoy The Outsider. I thought it was great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your staycation! I could use a few days off from work to just read...

    We're in the middle of Luke Cage now! It's not my favorite of the Marvel series, but it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that Grandpa was able to come home. Fantastic news that Booker T's eye has healed! I hope you are able to tackle all of the books you have lined up for the weekend. I am very curious about The Outsider.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear the people and dogs in your life are healing <3 Enjoy your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you think of all four of those books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope July goes much better for you. We were thinking about watching Luke Cage this weekend, but season 2 of GLOW came out, too, sooo... I've been binging on GLOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for vacation! I thought I would have gotten more reading done because I'm off work. I don't quite know what happened. 😝

    Here's to good reading in July. Have a great staycation. 🌞

    ReplyDelete