Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday (163)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


FROM GOODREADS:  Cainsville, Illinois. A town founded by fae escaping the Old World. A town both part of the world and cut off from it. A town that a young woman will run to, fleeing her past, only to discover that her past extends further than she ever imagined, into the distant history of Cainville itself. Collected in this volume are the stories of the town’s past, of the people and the fae she will eventually meet. 
A child tormented by visions of fae castles and fierce dragons. 
A hobgoblin who strives to avoid his role in an ancient prophecy. 
A boy who wants the perfect Solstice gift for his aunt. 
A writer who discovers all publicity is not good publicity after all. 
A much-maligned orange cat who won't quite stay dead. 
Another cat with more than his nine lives, one continually reborn to right an ancient wrong. 
And, finally, a story of the young woman who ran to Cainsville, now running away, searching for answers she can’t quite find. 

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I love Armstrong and especially enjoyed her Cainsville series.  In fact, it has one of the most satisfying conclusions for me.  However, I never managed to read any of the short stories she shared through various means so I'm thrilled to see them here is one collection.  Plus it means new materials and spending time with some of my favorite characters again.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

24 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to check out the Cainsville series. I didn't know it was over! Guess now would be a good time to start. Hope you'll enjoy this collection!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a Kelley Armstrong novel is so long! This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read the Cainsville series either but from the description of these short stories, I would love it😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Armstrong but I see her books around a lot. I love the cover but I love birds so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the Cainsville, but would like to. This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of the Cainsville series but I will be looking into it now. Thank you for sharing this.
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not read the Cainsville series either, but I have read other books by Kelley Armstrong. Loved them. Nice that they have put all the stories together in one volume. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a few good anthologies by the author-she is pretty good at doing this for her fans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dying to get my hands on book 1 of this series so I can finally get caught up! I was at a used book sale a few weeks back and saw "Kelley Armstrong", immediately snagged it, and it's book 2. So now I'm dying for book 1 even more. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds awesome! I haven't read the Cainsville series yet, but it sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great, though I haven't read the series. I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this author, but heard many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh! Do you think this might be a good way to be introduced to her Cainsvilke series, Barb? I haven’t yet tried that of hers !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this series, too, Barb! Thank you for sharing this intriguing collection - I'm sure she's done a great job on these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing better than finding new (or new-to-you) work by a favorite author. And not too long of a wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should try these. Fae, a hobgoblin, cats that come back to life- sounds like a win to me! Plus I've enjoyed her City of the Lost books- I'd probably like these too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds incredible! I am such a terrible Canadian because I still have yet to read a Kelly Armstrong novel. I have been intrigued by so many of her books. I really need to change that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am kind of intrigued by the whole town founded by the fae. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have only read a handful of Armstrong's books so far but I have loved all that I have read. I really need to get started on this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have enjoyed the Armstrong books I have read and really want to give her Cainsville books a try. I love it when these short story collections come out. It makes it so much easier for me to find and read them! I hope you love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I have several of her books but I am so so so far behind that I haven't started. I really need to move her up on the TBR some!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like an exciting collection of stories!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh great CWW pick Barb I've been dying to read a book by Kelly Armstrong for a long time now, I especially heard amazing things about her Cainsville series too. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it Barb, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete