Tuesday, June 5, 2018

TTT - Books I Should Have DNF'd

The top 10 weekly meme used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish but starting this week, they are handing over the reins to ThatArtsyReaderGirl who can be found HERE.  Each week she will focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. 

This week is related to DNF'ing books.  Now I RARELY DNF although I'll admit I am getting better about it.  I have some trusted bloggers who have been coaching me on doing it and it has helped.  So this week I am sharing with you books I SHOULD have DNF'd.

And come on guys....those who know me know where I'm starting!!!!!

DRUMROLL PLEASE.....


Words....do I even need to use any?

You know, someday I'll get brave and count how many times I've used these 2 books in TTT posts.

I can't imagine ever needing to DNF a cozy...but yep, I should have.

This book is starting to rank up there with "The Hunger" and "Little Heaven."  Hey, maybe I should stay away from 2 work titles....

I actually did DNF this one - YAY ME!

When the high school wanted to hold a prayer ceremony to save the MC's soul, I should have called it quits.  

At least it's purple, but I really should realize that the color of the book is usually not related to the quality of the contents.

Another one I managed to actually DNF. 

I gave this one 3/5 in the end but I'm not sure what brought the rating up.  I might have missed a whole lot of stupid had I quit this one early on.

Not only should I have DNF'd the book, I should have also not watched the movie.

So there you have it.  Boy am I getting good mileage out of some of these books.  I can't wait to see everyone else's lists this week.





24 comments:

  1. Oh definitely Final Girls *oi* I've still successfully avoided Gone Girl and intend to do so for all time. I'm still so bummed about Fiction can be murder only because the cover looks so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I would recommend you just keep avoiding it.

      Delete
  2. I love that I can now predict which books you'll be using in a top ten post, lol😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm getting good use out of some of these!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you didn't like Flame in the Mist but cheers to being able to DNF books you aren't loving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DNFed both Final Girls and Flame In The Mist, some of the few I've actually managed to!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/05/top-ten-tuesday-162/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, more people who didn't like those. I always feel like such a minority.

      Delete
  5. Haha - great post. You see, I enjoyed the Hunger but I can totally understand other people not doing so. And, yes, I don't have a problem with not finishing books that I'm not enjoying. I used to have to complete everything but it would make me so unhappy reading something I wasn't enjoying and it slows my reading down to almost a stop. Plus, I find if I make myself read something I'm not enjoying by the time I finish I'm really resentful of the time I've spent on the book - which just makes me want to be very cutting in any review.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there and done that. I am always envious of people who can DNF so easily. Wish I could.

      Delete
  6. lol, how unsurprising to see Little Heaven and Little Heaven 2 on there :) I wish I had DNF'd Final Girls. That book and me did not get along. I should've done this weeks TTT but was overcome by laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually liked Riverkeep, but I can understand why a person might not finish it. There were definitely areas where it dragged on a bit.

    Have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just never picked up for me. Sad because it has such a fun premise and pretty cover.

      Delete
  8. Ah, The hunger. Okay I'll skip that. And Night Vale- that podcast is SO weird, which makes me want to like it, but I'm sure the book is difficult. Gone Girl I still want to read, mainly the hype, but whenever I start it I'm bored within the first few pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to like Nightvale just couldn't get into it.

      Delete
  9. I feel ya. I *never* DNF, so there are a lot of books I look back and thinking to myself, ugh, if I were in the habit of DNFing, I wouldn't have continued. Flame in the Mist was one for me too. Needless to say I probably won't be checking out the sequel.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame because the cover is super pretty. Glad I didn't continue though. Tons of people seem to love it though.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you're also working on DNFing more often. I think it's a good skill to have. I didn't finish Final Girls, but loved Gone Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was the odd one on Gone Girl but it just didn't work for me. I did manage to read it all though.

      Delete
  11. LOL a couple on the list I was like nope! not doing it! Yay for getting better and DNFing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. I'm still a work in progress.

      Delete
  12. I wasn't surprised by any of your choices! I've heard you mention a couple of these a lot so I expected to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also felt the same about Final Girls. That ending was super crap. And Gone Girl was far from my favorite Gillian Flynn, although I never got around to watching the movie but I'm thinking that's for the best, no? :)

    ReplyDelete