Friday, June 22, 2018

Weekly Reads (06/22/18) - June Needs to End Already!


 So can June just end already?  I've never had June be so mean to me in the past and I don't know what I did to piss it off.  So instead of arriving at work this morning as planned, I had a detour - to the vet.  Apparently Booker T now has an ulcer on his eye.  Poor guy.  At least his regular vet squeezed us in - which he is apt to do when I just show up (I love Dr. Sullivan).  He has drops and numbing stuff and has to go back Wednesday for a checkup.  

Good news though - Gpa has made a turnaround and is going home today or tomorrow.  They ended up doing a scope Tuesday, which worried us because of his age and vitals lately, but he was still requiring blood.  They went in, found out he had an ulcer but it was healing so they didn't need to do anything.  Well the good news cheered him up and he started acting more like his old self.  

On the reading front - yep, I'm reading.  When I can at least.  I don't even know what I'm planning on reading this weekend...probably info about ulcers.  Hopefully I can get back on track on next week's post!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, kind words and prayers.  You guys are the best!

29 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Booker T. Hope he recovers fast. Glad to hear Gpa is doing better. Wishing you all a smooth rest of June and refreshingly great July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a weekend of medication and making sure he didn't scratch it more. Oh and Benadryl - to keep him calm.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I hope Booker T feels better, and I hope June is much better from now :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear... so sorry to hear about Booker T - my mother's dog had an abcess on his eye earlier in the year and it was a huge worry until it healed. I am glad that Gpa is feeling better - it's always a relief when the diagnosis isn't as bad as it could be! I hope the rest of June becomes kinder:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm pretty sure we caught it early but I'm still worrying like crazy!

      Delete
  4. Oh no!!! I hope the rest of the month turns around for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Booker T. Hope the meds heal him quickly. And wonderful news about Gpa! It must be such a relief to find out what was wrong and that it is healing up. Hang in there, Barb. July is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. My mantra of the week is "Only one more week...only one more week."

      Delete
  6. My husband has had eye ulcers. Not any fun. I am so glad to hear that Grandpa is doing better. I hope the rest of June is kind to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, poor pup! I didn't even know it was possible to have an eye ulcer, it sounds painful. But I'm glad to hear about your grandpa and the good news that he can go home soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He doesn't seem in a lot of pain, mainly just discomfort. At least I hope that's all it is.

      Delete
  8. Poor baby☹ Sending healing thoughts your way. Just remember June is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Tammy and yes, 6 more days!

      Delete
  9. Yay for your grandpa feeling better! Hoping Booker T feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about your grandpa! That'll be a relief. Poor Booker T! Sending big hugs to him. I seem to be in a tired spell which plays havoc with the reading but I'll get there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will. Just don't pressure yourself. I totally started a book on Sunday that I had no intention of reading anytime soon. That's how I'm rolling this month.

      Delete
  11. I hope the rest of June speeds by and you get your hands on an awesome book to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for such good news on Grandpa! But Booker! Oh no, the poor guy! here's hoping he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think he is. We'll see Wednesday how he is feeling.

      Delete
  13. Glad to hear your grandpa is doing okay and hope Booker is on his way to healing too. July is almost here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, for grandpa! I hope he heals up the rest of the way quickly. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's bounced back much more quickly than I ever thought.

      Delete
  15. Bad June! Soon be over and hopefully things are looking better. Sending hugs.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. How are grandpa & BookerT doing? Life tends to dump too much on us at once. I hope the rest of your summer is filled with peace and serenity and a load of good books.

    ReplyDelete