Monday, June 4, 2018

May Monthly Wrap Up


So I'm gonna be honest and admit that I was a little scared to look back at my reading this past month.  I felt a tad "slumpy" even though I don't think I hit an official slump and didn't think I had read that much. However, I am thrilled to say I still managed to read 9 things this month.  Besides the fact that I always want to read more, I'm okay with that amount.  So here's the recap:

Undead Girl Gang: Lily Anderson 5/5
Forever: Samantha Fox 4/5
Saga Vol. 8: Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples 5/5
Meg: Steve Alten 4/5
Outpost: W. Michael Gear 5/5
Closer Than You Know: Brad Parks 4/5
Lulu is a Rhinoceros: Jason Flom & Allison Flom 5/5
Dread Nation: Justina Ireland 4/5
Pick & Chews: Linda O. Johnston 4/5

So in retrospect, all my reads were at least 4/5 so hey, that's pretty awesome.  Guess I read "quality" huh?  My favorite reads were Outpost and Undead Girl Gang and I didn't have any read I didn't like.  

How did your month stack up?



14 comments:

  1. Hey, that's more than 2 a week, I'd say you did great! Glad to see they were all good, too. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised at the total. But there were so many I wanted to get to and didn't :(

      Delete
  2. That's a great number of books, and it's awesome that they were all 4 stars or higher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I can't recall a previous month recently where that has happened.

      Delete
  3. You had a great reading week. Any month with all 4 and 5 stars is a good month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you had a great month! I don't think I could get near as much reading done if I had been feeling "slumpy" - which is a feeling I totally get, by the way...and it sucks. Glad it worked out and all your books were mostly good :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a weird slump. It wasn't that I wasn't reading, it just seemed to be taking longer.

      Delete
  5. Saga has been on my list for quite awhile :) Do you read a lot of manga? Always looking for suggestions here ;)

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never tried manga. Where would be a good place to start?

      Delete
  6. It looks like you had a great month of reading but I get your feelings of "slumpy". I've been feeling it too even though I've been reading pretty solid books I'm not feeling an urgency to blast my way through them like I usually do. I think it's the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it may have to do with the weather.

      Delete
  7. That's not bad at all! Especially when they were all pretty good reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did get back on track with my reading but I've read nothing this week!

    ReplyDelete