Saturday, June 30, 2018

Stacking the Shelves (167)/Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Sorry for my absence last week but you know how June has been and I just couldn't bring myself to blog over the weekend.  So needless to say, I have quite a few books to share.  Just remember this is technically 2 weeks worth.

So first up I had to go 2 different local libraries and pick up 2 different holds.  So you can guess other things went home with me.  "Death Below Stairs" is one Stormi talked me into trying and of course, while there, I grabbed "The Piper." I've heard good things about a new MG book, "Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow" so I put a hold on it and then I've been wanting to give "The Humans" a try so we'll see how that goes.


I saw a few books on sale at Amazon and Paul Anka was hungry so I grabbed them.  I've always been curious about "The Last Policeman." I couldn't resist "The Hymn" as I've been collecting some horror books for the spooky season.  And of course there has to be dogs  "The Vampire's Pet" is just a short story but it was free and come on, isn't that the best cover ever? And "A Hell of a Dog" will go nicely with the first two in the series I own.


And last but not release, I have some review copies.  I've been seeing "Foe" everywhere so I was anxious to jump on that bandwagon. "The Winter Riddle" was pretty much a cover grab - but it sounds good too.  It's been so long since I requested "Dracul" that I had forgotten about it and then "The Dog Who Would Be Prime Minister" sounded just up my alley.


So what did you add to your shelves this week?

18 comments:

  1. The one I really have my eye on is Dracul! Looking forward to what you think. I've been waffling back and forth on requesting it, but I'll probably cave at some point :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about Dracul and have heard great things about Death Below Stairs. Not bad for two weeks worth of books. I hope you enjoy all of these Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work these last two weeks with the book haul! I had a decent week, grabbing more for the horror pile. Need to get started on my next book though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news is that it is almost July!!!! Hopefully, it will be a better month!!!! There is nothing wrong with taking a break. I may take one in July because my husband and I are busy with remodeling our house and it is very time consuming. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about Dracul, but I think I'll wait to hear your thoughts before I take the plunge. The Vampire's Pet is also tempting. What? A dog/vampire story??

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun books. I have got to go check some of these out. Vampire's Pit has me very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am curious about a few of those, I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I skipped last weekend, too. I hope things improve for you. I'm anxious to hear what everyone thinks of Foe. I finally got a copy of Reid's I'm Thinking of Ending Things. I'm anxious to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about The Last Policeman too, and I need to get death Below Stairs. The Vampire's Pet has me VERY curious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great covers and titles there is no way I could choose one as the best. Hope you love them all.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Nevermoor to my son and we both really enjoyed it! It took a few chapters to really get engrossed in the story, but I love the mystery that's been set up. I cannot wait to see where the story goes from here.

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These books are all new to me...but tempting! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. June went by so quickly! I barely got a post up this weekend and didn't until last night. The Nevermoor series looks cute. I'll have to check it out. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been thinking about trying more Horror titles. I've been reading some music biographies, and it has shown me how sick of YA Fantasy I am. Ha ha. 😝

    Have a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic haul! I own and am excited to read The Humans and Nevermoor as well! I hope you'll enjoy all the books you got!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel you. I've been a major slacker on my blog. It's just too hot and work is hell :( I haven't even been book shopping much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good bunch here! I keep meaning to read The Last Policeman... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete