Thursday, June 28, 2018

Two Bloggers One Book - Vacationing in Florida This Year???


So thank heavens it seems like Stormi and I have finally started a good run on buddy reads.  Last month we scored big with "MEG" and this year we reverted back to one of our favorite authors.  I haven't counted but I know Stormi and I have read a lot of Hunter Shea books together.  So venture below to see my thoughts on one of his newest titles "Jurassic Florida" and when you are done, hop over to Stormi's @  Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! for her thoughts as well!

TITLE: Jurassic Florida (One Size Eats All #1)
AUTHOR: Hunter Shea
PUBLISHER: Lyrical Underground
PUBLISHING DATE: June 19, 2018

FROM GOODREADS: FLORIDA. IT’S WHERE YOU GO TO DIE.
Welcome to Polo Springs, a sleepy little town on Florida’s Gulf Coast. It’s a great place to live—if you don’t mind the hurricanes. Or the flooding. Or the unusual wildlife . . .
 
IGUANAS. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE. 
Maybe it’s the weather. But the whole town is overrun with the little green bastards this year. They’re causing a lot of damage. They’re eating everything in sight. And they’re just the babies . . .
 
HUMANS. THEY’RE WHAT’S FOR DINNER.
The mayor wants to address the iguana problem. But when Hurricane Ramona slams the coast, the town has a bigger problem on their hands. Bigger iguanas. Bigger than a double-wide. Unleashed by the storm, this razor-toothed horde of prehistoric predators rises up from the depths—and descends on the town like retirees at an early bird special. Except humans are on the menu. And it’s all you can eat . . .


MY THOUGHTS:  I devoured this book in one day (pun intended) and had tons of fun while doing it.  Shea has a way with creatures and someone in Hollywood, pay attention and option some of these for movies.  Especially summer creature-features!  

So the town of Polo Springs has a problem and while they initially just think they are being overrun by small lizards, they soon learn they have a giant problem- a giant iguana problem.  Add to it a hurricane on the way and a pretty competent 18 year-year-old mayor trying to save the town and you have a fun romp called "Jurassic Florida."  

Shea always manages to amuse me and I have a soft spot for his titles.  In fact, whenever I see new ones coming out, I start stalking Netgalley trying to get my hands on the latest as soon as possible.  This book is novella length and my only complaint is the abrupt ending - I could have thoroughly enjoyed a much longer book.  However, I already have his next release "Rattus New Yorkus" on my TBR so I have something more to satisfy my creature feature urge.  If you want an "out-of-the-box" summer read, grab "Jurassic Florida" now!

RATING:  4 Paws 


10 comments:

  1. This sounds hilarious -- it absolutely needs the sharknado treatment -- I so want to see that cover come to life so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to make some time to read Hunter Shea's work. I think that this sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed it despite the quick ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun!! His books would make great syfy channel movies...lol. :) I can't wait to read the rat one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we all felt a bit left out with the ending. Just came from Stormi's review. I reviewed it yesterday. I have Rattus New Yorkus and can't wait to get started on it. Looks like another fun series from Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you had fun with it despite it being abrupt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping to knock this out over the weekend, glad you enjoyed it! Wait, an 18 year old mayor??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hunter Shea books are an instant grab for me too! I got this one yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your review! My co-blogger and I are trying to do a buddy read but we still haven't quite worked out the timing LOL. This is an author I am going to have to check out :)

    Happy reading!
    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read this before summer ends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love buddy reads. I think it's great the two of you have made it a feature. 📚📚📚

    ReplyDelete