Saturday, June 16, 2018

Stacking the Shelves (166)/Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer

So first up I got a preorder this week for my Kindle and I'm super excited.  I've been waiting for "Atticus" for over a month.  Now if the Dogs Days of Summer Challenge just hurries up and arrives, I'll be set (not like I wasn't set anyway).  Isn't that cover too cute???

The next three were free.  I couldn't resist "Destroyer of the Planets" because come on, tentacles!  I'm not going to lie, "Outcast" was a total cover grab and when I saw a free book from Crystal Lake Publishing, "Tales of the Lake Vol. 2" I had to make sure I got it.



And lastly a few review copies.  "'Twas the Knife Before Christmas" is the second installment of a Christmas cozy I fell in love with last year.  "A Tale of Two Murders" sounds like a good Victorian mystery and "The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker"  looks like an interesting thriller.


So what did you add this week and are you looking forward to reading any of these???

36 comments:

  1. Atticus is very cute! I can see why the cover grabbed you! My reading isn't going anywhere at the moment so I might need to start planning a few themes to get me moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hit and miss. Too much going on in my personal life to read as much as I wanted. Not a slump but no time!

      Delete
  2. I had a feeling that you would have 'Twas the Knife Before Christmas on your post this week as soon as I saw it on NetGalley. I may have to pick up Atticus myself! I hope you enoy all of these, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first one. It was such a cute cozy!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe Christmas review books are already popping up! Atticus looks so cute, I hope you enjoy it😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And I have a hard time reading them before Thanksgiving. I'm trying to collect some Christmas horror to read this year as well.

      Delete
  4. I love your freebies. I always get swept up with Christmas in July during the summer. I can't help it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't watch Christmas movies until around Thanksgiving or later.

      Delete
  5. I have plenty of books for the Dog Days of Summer challenge too! I think it will be in July again this year. Still working out the details. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atticus does have a cute cover! And destroyer of Planets looks great- I love that cover. A Tale of Two Murders as well- Victorian mystery? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, Atticus looks sweet. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute expression on that dog's face!

      Delete
  8. I added at least half of those to my TBR :) Hope you enjoy them and I look forward to seeing your thoughts!

    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just looked up Atticus. It sounds like such a touching story! And can I just say, Atticus is like the most awesome name for a dog.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that name as well. There is a real Atticus - the author's dog, who has his own Instagram account.

      Delete
  10. I've heard some really good stuff about Atticus around the blogs lately :) kind of really want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb Victorian mystery are always fun books to read. Enjoy your new books!

    Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you enjoy your good looking mysteries!!

    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/stacking-shelves_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo Tales From the Lake...want it. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks super cool. And there are 4 editions too!

      Delete
  14. I have got to read Atticus. It sounds so moving and fun! Great haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gearing up to let my pups pick my Dog Days of Summer Challenge. Wonder if they will chose Atticus. I may have trouble getting them to chose ebooks so each ebook choice will have a dog toy representative.

      Delete
  15. That is a very cute cover. I was just looking at a Tale of Two Murders. I don't read a lot of historical fiction/mysteries, but that one does look interesting. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I read historical books, they need to have a paranormal or supernatural element. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Wow, you got some interesting titles! Keepers of the Stone and The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker look great! I hope you'll enjoy them!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww the Atticus cover is really cute! And I can see why the Outcast one was a cover grab! Enjoy your books :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, purchasing Atticus was a no-brainer for me.

      Delete
  18. The cover of Atticus is fabulous, I agree. That is my cat's name, too. 😹

    ReplyDelete